Denim Update

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Correction. The 920 does get a newer firmware with the Denim update. It brings some added benefits since my battery life and performance has increased when compared to Cyan + v14219. Plus after Denim I was able to install Update 2 as well.
Could you kindly share the link, where you got this 'official Denim update'-->not from AT&T?...Was this a unofficial flashed ROM via xd-devs site...?
If this was a Roger's ROM...good for you, as I too would like to upgrade to 8.1.2 GDR2...Lol!
Thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I want to know if I am the only one. I have an ATT L920, and my Extras+Info says I am on Lumia Demin. is this legit?
y

any thoughts?

If you have PFD enabled go to the app and disable it and check again Extras + info.
You probably see now CYAN.

thekrayze

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I opened the PFD app, it wanted me to accept the EULA, so I did. I logged in with my MS account. the Enable Preview for Developers is not checked. so I guess in theory, I am not set up to get dev previews. would that be accurate?
I checked Extras again and still showing Denim. would uninstalling PFD do anything different?

thekrayze

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I enabled PFD and there is another update. going to install and see what happens. maybe it will take away my denim, maybe it will fix my background tasks issues. one benefit to no background tasks, my battery is like a day and a half strong now. I will miss that

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Could you kindly share the link, where you got this 'official Denim update'-->not from AT&T?...Was this a unofficial flashed ROM via xd-devs site...?
If this was a Roger's ROM...good for you, as I too would like to upgrade to 8.1.2 GDR2...Lol!
Thanks
Well I'm on the Rogers ROM on a Rogers Lumia 920 so it's as official as it gets lol. The update did make the already smooth 920 smoother, plus it improved the battery life. Update 2 came after I enrolled in the Technical Preview

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
@pankaj981,

Thanks m8, as that is what I thought..Once AT&T pushes out Denim update (which should be OS: 8.1.14234.375)--->this is the version of AT&T 1020 just released, then (in all likelihood...lol), AT&T 920 users should get the 8.1.2 GDR 2 Fast Track option through Windows Insider app...and be able to avoid the Windows 10 TP builds..lol!
Believe me, I have tested and provided feedback on two previous 10 mobile builds...and that was plenty....lol!
Yes indeed, keep reading reviews of GDR2 and better battery life as well as performance...This is all I want presently as my L-920 has been a storm trooper for stellar reliability! (Until the Windows 10 Mobile Flagships come out....but man the Samsung Galaxy6 Edge us quite nice...lol
But have been with Windows Mobile since Samsung Blackjacks...lol!
Lumia 920 posted by Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lumiagurl920

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
My 920 randomly freezes. It fall out of my pocket and went down a few stairs but it was fine. I'll just be using it and it will freeze. Once the screen just turned to snow like on a tv. Cortana still worked... Other times the screen turns black and I have to hold power and the volume button for a bit to reset it. Anyone else have freezing issues?

Lumiagurl920

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I was so excited my phone got an update today. I was like finally...my Microsoft Band will get all of its functionality...The band updated too both software and firmware but it was still the same...Cortana doesn't work, no texting keyboard, skin temp, etc...I went to extras on my phone and saw that I am still running Cyan. It was just a crappy Cyan update...So disappointing...we can't get WP 10 without denim!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire