Denim vs Cyan

pokuston82

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
on Friday I bought Lumia 735 with Denim installed. Below are screenshots from my old Lumia 620 with Cyan and from new Lumia 735 with Denim. Where is the difference? I don't see any.
cyan.jpg
denim.jpg

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
there's a difference in features , there are more features in denim than cyan.
DENIM FEATURES---------------
Cortana ? The most personal digital assistant on the market will now be available in the UK and China as a Beta. India, Canada and Australia will have access to Cortana as a public Alpha. For US residents, Cortana now includes an improved natural language, car kit integration via Bluetooth for contacts, snooze reminders and calendar improvements.
Live folders ? If you prefer to keep your apps or games organised, you can now put them into folders. Simply press, hold and drag an app over another to create a new folder on the Start screen. Each folder can be renamed by tapping on the text field above the open folder.
Apps Corner ? Create a customised Start screen, where only specific apps or games are accessible. This could be particularly useful in the workplace if you?re issuing Windows Phones to employees.
SMS merge and forwarding ? Select individual text messages to either delete them out of a messaging thread, or to copy and past them into a new message in order to forward them.
Snooze Times ? It?s now possible to customise the snooze time within the Alarm app.
Consumer VPN ? Maintain privacy and security when using data while connected to public Wi-Fi hotspots or even with your home Wi-Fi.
Mobile Web Site improvements in IE ? Connect and browse even faster with improved downloading speeds on mobile websites.
Store Live Tile (US only) ? The Store Live Tile displays featured apps and games that are the most popular in the Store, or most relevant for you.

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Well this is a firmware update so most of the stuff updated are under the hood that improves performance. However your phone now has the Windows phone 8.1 GDR 1 so you get new features like live tiles folder 📁 and apps corner and many others.

pokuston82

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, I can't check Cortana and Store Live Tile, but everything else is available in Cyan too. I think this list you provided belongs to WP 8.1 update 1 more than to a denim unique features.

pokuston82

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
As I wrote, I bought 735 on Friday at local store here in Prague, Czech Republic, Europe union. All 830, 735 and 730 are shipped with Denim on board. I found this site with list of denim updates, so now its clear that some things provides WP 8.1 U1 and some others are exclusive Lumia features. conversations.nokia.com/2014/09/04/lumia-denim-update/

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
there's a difference in features , there are more features in denim than cyan.
DENIM FEATURES---------------
Cortana – The most personal digital assistant on the market will now be available in the UK and China as a Beta. India, Canada and Australia will have access to Cortana as a public Alpha. For US residents, Cortana now includes an improved natural language, car kit integration via Bluetooth for contacts, snooze reminders and calendar improvements.
Live folders – If you prefer to keep your apps or games organised, you can now put them into folders. Simply press, hold and drag an app over another to create a new folder on the Start screen. Each folder can be renamed by tapping on the text field above the open folder.
Apps Corner – Create a customised Start screen, where only specific apps or games are accessible. This could be particularly useful in the workplace if you’re issuing Windows Phones to employees.
SMS merge and forwarding – Select individual text messages to either delete them out of a messaging thread, or to copy and past them into a new message in order to forward them.
Snooze Times – It’s now possible to customise the snooze time within the Alarm app.
Consumer VPN – Maintain privacy and security when using data while connected to public Wi-Fi hotspots or even with your home Wi-Fi.
Mobile Web Site improvements in IE – Connect and browse even faster with improved downloading speeds on mobile websites.
Store Live Tile (US only) – The Store Live Tile displays featured apps and games that are the most popular in the Store, or most relevant for you.
Those are Windows version changes, not firmware changes at least most of them are; I didn't read the entire list.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Denim and Cyan are firmware updates. This is more stuff how hardware inside the phone is working with each other. the original list is the windows phone operation system update list. The nokia/MS homepage does not help at all finding information about cyan or Denim. they simply list the recent OS updates. All the stuff you will find will be related to the OS. Cyan and Denim could mean that the camera algorithm works better or your Bluetooth works better if you had problems or even your battery would be connected in a different way to save use more energy

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Denim is Update 1 + firmware update, the models that will benefit greatly from the Lumia Denim update are the phones running the Snapdragon 800 SOC. All the other models will get the cosmetic changes (+ other features relevant tied to the phones tier) from Update 1 and everything else will be under the hood changes / tweaks.

jaypark1119

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Strange. I have a Nokia Lumia 822 for Verizon and I recently got the Denim update. It actually automatically installed. Before, I had Black. Now, I get all the Denim features, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)