Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

killinghall

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1020 owners - do you have an occasional problem with Nokia Camera hanging when saving photos? The camera OIS can be heard running if you put your ear close to the lens, and cannot be launched anymore unless the phone is restarted. This issue started happening for me after the previous minor 8.1 update, before today's .890 update.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I still have a strong hiss sound when one MP3 ends and the next one starts. They are all on the SD card and the issue is present with any music player.

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I dont think anybody knows what the issue is. My phone ( Lumia 1020 ) has become unresponsive like this on the charger as well as off the charger. I recently used the Nokia Recovery Tool which rolled me back to a fresh install of 8.0 black. I'm hoping this will fix the issues I've been having.

It doesn't help. I encountered the first time and recovered from WP8.0 and updated to WP8.1 with the latest update few days back. It happened again yesterday and I had to recover from WP8.0 all over again.

Lumia 1020 here too.

viralgajera

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I have strange issue,, I know many of other guys also have same issue. When I install wp8.1 update to my phone it was working great, but one day screen rotation, accelerometer, compass, glance, inclinometer suddenly stop working.. Please help, if anybody have same issue and is solved, I tried soft and hard reset but problem is still there..

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have strange issue,, I know many of other guys also have same issue. When I install wp8.1 update to my phone it was working great, but one day screen rotation, accelerometer, compass, glance, inclinometer suddenly stop working.. Please help, if anybody have same issue and is solved, I tried soft and hard reset but problem is still there..
Do you've Remote Desktop installed?

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't help. I encountered the first time and recovered from WP8.0 and updated to WP8.1 with the latest update few days back. It happened again yesterday and I had to recover from WP8.0 all over again.

Lumia 1020 here too.

Were you having the same problems with 8.0?

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I am facing a strange issue with IE after the latest dp update 12393, whenever I try to open any website on IE I got this error..

Even after soft reset I got this error, but all my apps are working fine and there is no problem with the net, however I found that i faced this problem only with cellular data because on wifi the IE works smoothly, I don't know whether it is a dp bug or its just a network problem.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140605_0003.png
    wp_ss_20140605_0003.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 21

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I am facing a strange issue with IE after the latest dp update 12393, whenever I try to open any website on IE I got this error, even after soft reset I got this error, but all my apps are working fine and there is no problem with the net, however I found that i faced this problem only with cellular data because on wifi the IE works smoothly, I don't know whether it is a dp bug or its just a network problem

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140605_0003.png
    wp_ss_20140605_0003.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 24

David P Brown

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I have very strange and intermittent issue with the Nokia Lumia 1020 after installing the first version of 8.1. Subsequent updates have not resolved this issue.

When listening to audio (music or podcasts) with with any bluetooth device, I keep getting drop-outs. Sounds almost like a record skipping. Either the audio will skip forward about 1/2 a second, or drop out for about 1/2 a second. When it happens, it will continue for a minute or so, then clear up.

I even disabled all background apps that I was able to. Happens when using third party apps (Nokia MixRadio) or the built-in Music app. I suspect that something appears to be spiking the CPU in the background.

I searched and haven't seen this reported anywhere, so here goes!

Nokia Lumia 1020
Bluetooth devices experienced the problem with: Bose BT2, Creative WP-350, Sony SRS-BTX300, Chrysler Uconnect

adil.mayank

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
After I installed the new version of windows phone 8.1.... Under some of the applications it was written installing, but now agar installing is done, my applications are not working anymore, no Nokia application and even network, audio, extra info are not,opening....it says" this app can't be opened, an app update may be there in store."
Plz help

Manoj Daran

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Caller ID photos were of poor quality from the very beginning!! I actually don't know which one solved this problem now. I updated my L520 couple of days ago [Version:12393]. Then, immediately I hard reset my phone due to various reasons like - Sys. Memory occupies more than 3GB, Action Center response is poor, Settings are too slow while opening, Camera App freezes for a while when opened and so on. After I did so, My phone is Super fast like a 1GB RAM phone, Caller ID image quality is Superb, response time of all the OEMs are good, didn't find any lag in the performance overall.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Caller ID photos were of poor quality from the very beginning!! I actually don't know which one solved this problem now. I updated my L520 couple of days ago [Version:12393]. Then, immediately I hard reset my phone due to various reasons like - Sys. Memory occupies more than 3GB, Action Center response is poor, Settings are too slow while opening, Camera App freezes for a while when opened and so on. After I did so, My phone is Super fast like a 1GB RAM phone, Caller ID image quality is Superb, response time of all the OEMs are good, didn't find any lag in the performance overall.
i was thinking of doing the same. i will do it now soon.

Mrinal Maheshwari

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I fail to understand... who's on mistake...
WhatsApp or this WP 8.1....
After updating WhatsApp into the latest 2.11.494, it has started even troubling more than before....
It works good for some time, after that.... our msgs will not be sent...it will show the waiting icon....
So after this, while closing app....it gives us a warning...
That WhatsApp is having trouble getting notifications, Background Data restricted or something like that....
And asks us to reboot our phone....
After rebooting, it works well....
And again in some time, the same problem repeats....
I am really tired of rebooting my phone minimum 3 times a day....
What's wrong there.... :/

Mrinal Maheshwari

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
And also my WiFi has downgraded a lot after the update....
Well this problem was since updating into WP 8.1, not after this update....
It was working well with WP 8.0, but after updating, it takes hours to connect....
And sometimes, do not connects at all....
Even the reception has become very poor....
WiFi signal strength fluctuates a lot, even when I sit still at one place....
Really disappointing....
Waiting for an immediate fix.... :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di