did nokia care help anyone regarding the overheating issues on the lumia 920?

bel b

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, i have a Lumia 920 and i know that the overheating and battery issues are common problems to almost all the lumias out there. My Lumia 920 heats up like hell and battery doesn't go about even 1 hour if i play games. Yes i have already done a hard reset and i thought the battery life had got better since it was showing a status of 1 day 16 hours remaining. But soon after loading my games, the battery returned to that useless one hour thing. Some guys(in the forums) have told me to go to a nokia care and get my phone checked. But i was wondering if anyone has done that and got their lumia devoid of the problems. I googled up and found the same issues with other wp too.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
playing games on mobile will chew battery , this is normal and common , have a look at iPhone , they will have similar result. Heating issue is due to GPU and CPU working to load the game on your 720p HD display which all needs lot of power and stain on battery .
battery saver shows estimated time remaining on user activity , when you unplug it from 100% it shows I day or -- hour left until phone dies on normal usage (that includes basic call , web browsing ) , this does not mean you can play games for one full day , its not ta tablet ;)
in short if you play games , this is normal , if you are moderate user you can expect 12+ or light user 1-2+days but gaming -depend what type of game is it , asphalt 8 , subway surfers are graphic intensive games but light games like hangman , wordamanet wont suck battery .

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My 920 got a little warm during charging on occasion, not all the time. It would get a little warm playing certain games for awhile, like Angry Birds, but it wasn't ever anything serious. If your phone is overheating to a much greater extent, that's probably a hardware issue.

Last edited:

Niavlys77

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
What games are you playing? If they're graphically demanding, it's completely normal for the phone to get hot and the battery to drain fast. That's typical for any device with a battery and running graphically intense games...

If it's something like solitaire or hangman either the game was coded really poorly and is working harder than it should, or your phone has some sort of defect.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Sims FREEPLAY, temple run. But i think the phone gets extra hot... Too hot to handle.

Sims free play is graphic I give game , look at the size of the game (hint)
Temple run 1 is very bugy , lags a lot and is poorly coded for windows phone , yes my lumia 920 does become hot when I first played this game , temple run 2 is far better than first version , does not lag , on low settings it does not tend to loose battery , though playing it for 5-10 mins looses 1-2% battery which is normal :)

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
The answer is plain NO and they have no clue whatsoever. This is normal for 920 users. Games will obviously cause heating.

actually that's normal for all CPUs, I once played a game on a Galaxy s4, and the phone heated up you can make scrambled eggs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99