Disc drives not working on M5A78l-M LX V2

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So i just got a copy of tropico 5 but to install it, you need a disc drive. Easy enough, i grabbed the nearest disc drive that fits in my case put it in, hook everything up and powering up. Now windows isn't reading it. The bios on the other hand, recognizes the drive just fine. I haven't got another os right now(my linux hard drive decided to break a week ago and still waiting for it to get back). I tried changing the sata config to ahci(no idea what it actually is, just thought it might be worth a shot)and windows started to bsod's. Complaining about no boot device (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE) and going into diagnostics every restart. So i turned it back to ide and it booted fine. No disc drive though but at least it boots. I have no clue whatsoever on what could be causing this. I'm on windows 10 and a asus m5a78l-m lx v2. I also tried other drives but the same results. Thank you for even reading this

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
So i just got a copy of tropico 5 but to install it, you need a disc drive. Easy enough, i grabbed the nearest disc drive that fits in my case put it in, hook everything up and powering up. Now windows isn't reading it. The bios on the other hand, recognizes the drive just fine. I haven't got another os right now(my linux hard drive decided to break a week ago and still waiting for it to get back). I tried changing the sata config to ahci(no idea what it actually is, just thought it might be worth a shot)and windows started to bsod's. Complaining about no boot device (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE) and going into diagnostics every restart. So i turned it back to ide and it booted fine. No disc drive though but at least it boots. I have no clue whatsoever on what could be causing this. I'm on windows 10 and a asus m5a78l-m lx v2. I also tried other drives but the same results. Thank you for even reading this

If you can, try a USB CD drive. You will have better luck with it.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

onixiya

May 15, 2019
Visit site
Turns out comments on the site was right. It was a problem with the sata channels for some reason. Had to uninstall all of them and then reboot. Now the drive works fine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes