Do any of you NOT have touch issues

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been experiencing lots of Phantom touches over the last month. As i researched it i found a thread here that gave the explanation of the phantom touches for the 1520. If you carry it in your pocket with the LCD screen facing inward then you will have issues with phantom touches. there is a defect in the construction of the Lumia 1520 that when the phone is tweaked by carrying it in your front pocket it will develop this problem. Mine is so bad now that I want to throw it as far as i can now. But I'm holding out for the Win 10 new devices and hopes of another big display device with this problem fixed. Nokia knows what the problem is but is not saying that they know because if they do then they will be on the bubble to replace and recall the device or just take a huge black eye in the market. I love my 1520 but these phantom touches makes it unbearable sometimes and has me wondering if i should venture back until the win 10 devices decided to show up. I'm going to hold out as long as I can.

Just for proof tot he tweaked issue: when you are experiencing this problem hold the phone with both hands with the LCD screen facing you and with your thumbs press into the screen :sweaty::sweaty: in the upper center portion of the phone (Be careful not to do it too hard where you damage your screen or phone) and the phantom touches will go away periodically.

When I first tried it it worked for me and then after it kept happening I got so mad where i did this too hard and now i have a little LCD screen blemish, oh well:crying::crying::crying:

This has worked for me and it has worked for other people. Try turning off "double tap to wake." I've been phantom touch free since doing so.

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site
As obscure and very much of a non mainstream way of thinking, there Is some truth to this. My sister for instance has trouble with all electronics. They just all go haywire around her. her field and natural body frequency just isn't as compatible with electronics as most people. I don't think that's the main reason for these phantom taps but I think it does affects some peoples experience with electronics and might have been the reason you refunded that 1520. It's also the reason I stopped wearing my Microsoft band. I really noticed it when I had a gshock and the band on opposite wrist, i eventually started feeling blocked, or like i was being restricted. Or limited. Literally a day after i stopped wearing them i felt normal again. I dont think I'm doing wearables again. As much as i love tech. I love my body's EMF field more. I think they should do more testing to see the affects wearables have on this field. If they aren't doing it on purpose

thats really something !!!

Leroykthx

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
ugh my 1520 has had issues for a few months now, with becoming completely unresponsive to input until i lock the screen and unlock it again. Also have the ghost touches, and my screen has been 'sticking out' slightly on one of the top corners to the point where i can stick my finger nail under it and probably lift the screen out if i pull hard enough. I've had it for about a year and am really thinking of returning it for service again (sent it in for an issue with the image stabilizer before). At this point i know it's because i carry it in my front pocket, but i don't want a hard case for it because that ruins the sleek look, and i'm not a chick so i have nowhere else to put it but my pocket.

Lately I've been eying just going with a crappy phone and a small tablet or something, or asking if they would mind replacing it with a lumia 930 since i know the issue would return due to my pocket carrying anyway. And honestly, a phone you can't carry in your pocket, what kind of craziness is that?:eck:

otoman45

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes I do have touch issues. They are rare and usually go away after a soft power off/ on. But when it is there, its almost like phone itself is doing something on its own. Its especially annoying when you are working on something and its ruined by usually a "back".

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
No more screen problems with my 1520. I had them then got a Kaleidio TM Dual Layer Armor Hybrid Case Cover. It adds some heft to the phone but it's like a body cast that keeps the phone completely straight - no bending or twisting and the phantom screen touches are gone. I also went the belt holster route. The belt holster alone didn't solve the problem but the body cast case did so I play it safe and use both.

Frank

It Wasnt Me

Banned
Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I have no issues on either of mine. I carry it in back pocket, listen to music while I fall to sleep and actually sleep on the phone... No problem.

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
No more screen problems with my 1520. I had them then got a Kaleidio TM Dual Layer Armor Hybrid Case Cover. It adds some heft to the phone but it's like a body cast that keeps the phone completely straight - no bending or twisting and the phantom screen touches are gone. I also went the belt holster route. The belt holster alone didn't solve the problem but the body cast case did so I play it safe and use both.

Frank

I ended up getting another refurbished 1520 to hold me over till the next wave of Win10 flagships come out. And Did the same thing. Got a hard shell with a rubber overlay and all is well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria