Do I need antiviral/antimalaware software?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've put my google email on my phone and clicked on a flashing icon. I was immediately bombarded with information that I'd won a phone. I ignored these but it left me with a website warning saying the website I was taken to was unsafe. Do I need to download antiviral or antimalaware software?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I've put my google email on my phone and clicked on a flashing icon. I was immediately bombarded with information that I'd won a phone. I ignored these but it left me with a website warning saying the website I was taken to was unsafe. Do I need to download antiviral or antimalaware software?

No. Windows Mobile doesn't need an antivirus because its a closed system. But ins'nt able to stop spamming yet (We are asking for a ad blocker in Edge mobile too). Simply ignore that warining and popups sites or you lost a lot of credit, they are all fakes!!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

for your windows phone, you don't need any antivirus as the phone is quite secure. What you should be careful about is what sites you visit. Using UC browser seems to block some of these pop ups and what not

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I doubt antivirus or antimalware software or apps would be useful for W10M at the present time. While W10M is closed and secure, I would have to guess that one of the reasons we don't hear about attacks is that there just aren't enough users for virus/malware makers to target. The potential payoff for them just isn't worth their time. Very similar to why 99% of mainstream app developers don't bother with W10M.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Would it be useful to have some antimalaware software or are windows protected from this as well?

Kind regards,
Jeremy

On the PC it's a bit different as you do need some level of protection

For PC on Windows, you already have windows defender installed by default. It's a lightweight antivirus program. But you also have the freedom to install others like Kaspersky antivirus, Bitdefender etc. For malware, super antispyware does a good job in cleaning out that and unwanted cookies

claudiamartin01

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site

I do believe that there is no need to have a antivirus software for phones. You just need to avoid spam websites. I further recommend that you should scan your phone with an good antivirus software installed in your computer system by connecting it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)