Do you think Windows Phone will be dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Dropping market share from 3.4 to 2.5, almost 1 make me think that windows phone's future is in jeopardy. What you guys think about it?

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
RIP Windows Phone.. i will mourn about its death from my LUMIA phone..
Even though market share is reducing, the effect of NEW OEMs into MS platform is not full. Wait for small manufacturers bringing phones that made Android run through developing countries do the magic for Windows.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
RIP Windows Phone.. i will mourn about its death from my LUMIA phone..
Even though market share is reducing, the effect of NEW OEMs into MS platform is not full. Wait for small manufacturers bringing phones that made Android run through developing countries do the magic for Windows.

2015 will be a make or break year for WP in that regard.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Not sure about survival of WP. But it will sure shake devs confidence in wp specially those who are planning to develop apps for WP.

Inconsistency in WP growth is a huge loss.

jlp34876

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I dont know if I understand the situation correctly, the wp market share drop but it doesn't mean that more people are leaving WP right now.
Its just more android/ios are being sold, that's why if we get the percentage from the total smartphone user WP percentage is shrinking.
Am I correct?

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I dont know if I understand the situation correctly, the wp market share drop but it doesn't mean that more people are leaving WP right now.
Its just more android/ios are being sold, that's why if we get the percentage from the total smartphone user WP percentage is shrinking.
Am I correct?
Not everyone is living but there a significant of people living, mostly people who are dependable on google services and found out that the only service available is Gmail, because it is supported by the email accounts. But Google+ is not available and the apps available are just web wrappers.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
But if you look at google they have an app store and yet there is an app called "download anything" this app lets you download paid app for free. Why did google allow this app? No idea... But just goes to show at how reckless the app store is. You can't do that on windows app store (you can via laptop but I will not go into that) my point is.. Google is an open source operating system where you can root the phone...rooting can also be a virus.... That's something we don't have to worry about on the windows phone. Only reason why we are not selling as good as android or apple is very simple... They had a few years head start on us..plain and simple. We are catching up and more and more people are noticing windows phone through ads which are great. Yes apple and android has more apps but most apps are terrible..i prefer to have less apps to choose from knowing that all of them are not crap. The more apps android has the more crap that gets published. Personally...windows isn't dead....thats what I think. It's just a slow learner. More and more people are buying them but because 95% of your mates have an iPhone or android then they wont hear about windows phone. Today I held an iPhone 5s for the first time....WOW...considering I have a 1520 I couldn't believe how people use these toy phones...seriously.. Not slagging of iPhone owners as I used to have one but once you have a 1520 then an iPhone doesn't seem to appeal to me. And when they see my phone..their jaws dropped

adraojb

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I hope not. At first I try I bought L630, then I like the OS. Then I got two L1520 for me& for my wife. I recommend it to my friend, then he bought L1320. Until now I still recommend it to my families and friends and to others.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Dropping market share from 3.4 to 2.5, almost 1 make me think that windows phone's future is in jeopardy. What you guys think about it?

As far as the growth of Windows Phone goes it offers barely any advantages over Android or iOS, the share will probably keep going down, but Microsoft has enough funds to keep it going.

But I don't see it becoming much more popular in the foreseeable future unless they add features that people drool over.

But if you look at google they have an app store and yet there is an app called "download anything" this app lets you download paid app for free. Why did google allow this app? No idea... But just goes to show at how reckless the app store is. You can't do that on windows app store (you can via laptop but I will not go into that) my point is.. Google is an open source operating system where you can root the phone...rooting can also be a virus.... That's something we don't have to worry about on the windows phone. Only reason why we are not selling as good as android or apple is very simple... They had a few years head start on us..plain and simple. We are catching up and more and more people are noticing windows phone through ads which are great. Yes apple and android has more apps but most apps are terrible..i prefer to have less apps to choose from knowing that all of them are not crap. The more apps android has the more crap that gets published. Personally...windows isn't dead....thats what I think. It's just a slow learner. More and more people are buying them but because 95% of your mates have an iPhone or android then they wont hear about windows phone. Today I held an iPhone 5s for the first time....WOW...considering I have a 1520 I couldn't believe how people use these toy phones...seriously.. Not slagging of iPhone owners as I used to have one but once you have a 1520 then an iPhone doesn't seem to appeal to me. And when they see my phone..their jaws dropped

Haha back to hating on Androids and iPhones? But I am going to take the time to break down your weak and false opinions.

First of all a quick search on the Google Play Store on "download anything" revealed only a few download managers(which WP doesn't have) and a few other apps that have nothing to do with piracy.

1408210182850.jpg

Truth is, if piracy matters then move to iPhone because you can easily pirate apps on both Android and Windows Phone by manually installing the .apk and xap files, but Google Play Store doesn't have any "download anything" kind of apps.

Argument N#1 is dispelled.

The process of rooting does not in itself cause malware, rooting allows you to access and modify your phone's system partitions allowing you to install other versions of Android, or even totally different OSes. Rooting and tweaking and customization is one of the big selling point of certain Android devices. It doesn't add malware to your devices.

Here is an example of what you can do with root:

1408210353917.jpg

Argument N#2 dispelled.

As far as app quality goes, Android and iOS straight out beat Windows Phone in both quality and quantity.

Just to give you a simple example I'll give you a few apps: Facebook, Facebook Messenger, 9GAG and Instagram and Kik.

The Facebook on Android allows me to photo comment and view photo comments, it opens photos much faster and swiping between photos is also seamless, the Windows Phone version can't so any of this.

The Messenger app gives me 'Chatheads' allowing me to chat with any of my Facebook contacts from virtually anywhere, EVEN MY HOMESCREEN! I don't have to be in the app to chat with my friends. Oh and I can also add a new paragraph while typing in Facebook Messenger for Android, last I checked I couldn't do that on Windows Phone.

1408211202307.jpg
1408211242084.jpg

Instagram is straight out more beautiful and functional allowing to direct message and upload videos from my gallery.

1408211275099.jpg

9GAG and Kik are no competition they just plain look better on Android.

1408211307484.jpg 1408211326544.jpg

And there are thousands of more examples.

There are apps that look aesthetically more pleasing on Windows Phone, but these apps are very few in number.

The quality control of apps on Android and iOS is way better than the quality control on the Windows Phone Store.

Argument N#3 dispelled.

Lastly you make fun of the iPhone 5S, interestingly the iPhone 5S is no joke. It features a camera that is blazingly fast while providing a larger aperture than the 1520 and also HDR, oh and also the iPhone crushes the Lumia 1520 in performance, both in benchmarks and real time.

Argument N#4 dispelled.

Hope you have a great day knowing that a lot of the prejudice and bias you have against other OSes is false.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I think I may have explained it wrong. Basically all I am saying is that with android and iPhones there are problems but in a different way. For example I used to root my android phones but for some reasons it kept on clashing with certain items and causing it to freeze.and also corrupt some files. As for the download anything app you mentioned. I know this app very well. It gives you any paid app for free. Not a good move for google to allow on the app store. As for the quality of apps. That's down to the developer not bothering to release good original apps so 3rd party has to replace them. But either way....windows phone isn't dead. Just a few years behind. If they advertise strongly a few years back like apple does then it will be a very different story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers