Does ANYBODY have the answer to this phone storage issue (dear god it's killing me)

happynoodleboy

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I may have found a big reason for the bloated "other" section. My other section is now at 6.5gb. I think this has to do with video recording on the phone. My phone was at 5.9gb last time I checked it but I took a few videos today and noticed the other storage section got larger. So I decided to do an experiment. I recorded a 15 second clip on my phone and immediately deleted it. I checked the other section and it had gone up. So I again recorded a 15 second clip and deleted. Again other storage went up. So apparently the video is getting "deleted" but still taking up space on the phone...

V J

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I may have found a big reason for the bloated "other" section. My other section is now at 6.5gb. I think this has to do with video recording on the phone. My phone was at 5.9gb last time I checked it but I took a few videos today and noticed the other storage section got larger. So I decided to do an experiment. I recorded a 15 second clip on my phone and immediately deleted it. I checked the other section and it had gone up. So I again recorded a 15 second clip and deleted. Again other storage went up. So apparently the video is getting "deleted" but still taking up space on the phone...

I just tested this myself and I did not get the same results. My "other" remained the same after recording a 20 second 720p video. Only the music/videos section changed after recording/deleting the recorded video.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My phone had just over 1GB left and the phone kept opening the storage page by itself to notify me and then i just checked now and its deleted 2GB from other and i now have over 3GB free :) did it all on its own!

anonymous123456987

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
from Nokia discussions:

The Other category consists mostly of various operating system caches (temporary files), Maps and 3rd party application data. Also email, calendar, contacts and Office application data counts towards this figure, but are typically smaller contributors.

The figure shows how much content, downloaded through normal use of the phone, remains available for re-use. For example, when the phone is used to browse the Internet, or install applications and application updates, the caches related to these functions grow in size correspondingly. Another contributor to growth of this category is Maps data, whether it is downloaded on-demand when browsing around in Nokia Maps or when you download the maps of entire countries or other regions for off-line use. Furthermore, Photos, Music and Video create an index that grows with number the files located in Phone memory and in any inserted micro-SD card.

the link: Re: What is "Other" under Storage? - Nokia Support Discussions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans