Does Anyone Have Contact Information for Microsoft Executives?

anon(10458357)

May 11, 2018
Visit site
This may be purely cathartic :wink:, but does anyone know of any Microsoft executive email addresses or "snail mail" addresses where a person could send their expressions on how Microsoft's abandonware policies of the last 3 years has affected them?

I have found a few myself by either Bing'ing them or by just trying different things. I've not received a bounceback on the following:

• SatyaN@Microsoft.com (Satya Nadella, CEO)
  • billg@Microsoft.com (Bill Gates, Microsoft Founder)
  • joeb@Microsoft.com (Joe Belfiore, Corporate VP)
  • philsp@Microsoft.com (Phil Spencer, Executive President of Gaming)
  • AmyHood@Microsoft.com (Amy Hood, CFO)
  • Kurt.Delbene@Microsoft.com (Kurt Delbene, Executive VP)
  • khogan@Microsoft.com (Kathleen Hogan, Executive VP)
I think Nadella is somewhat aware of the pain he's caused others (at least according to the quote from an interview below), but I think to a large degree he's compartmentalized it away somewhere.

"Ryssdal: What's the last semi-significant mistake you made?

Nadella: I would say the realization that in many cases, customers have already chosen to work with you and yet you consciously, or unconsciously, abandon them to go work off on the new shiny object is a mistake I've made recently and in the past."

Who knows, maybe lightning would strike, and Nadella would actually take the time to read a lowly developer's or lowly fan's expressions about how his abandonment of Consumer facing devices and services has affected them personally.

A little advice though if you decide to share your thoughts:
  • Send each person an email individually, no carpet bomb cc's, otherwise you will be flagged as spam
  • Be honest, but be as respectful as you can in your choice of language, otherwise you might be flagged as spam. You want them to read it after all.
  • Instead of just focusing on the problem, focus on the solution. Tell them specifically what you would like them to do to fix any problem you perceive.
As for snail mail. I've not tried it but I've found this online:

Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052-6399
USA

Has anyone tried mailing them, without receiving a Return From Sender?

Last edited:

anon(10458357)

May 11, 2018
Visit site
PS. Just a couple of minutes ago I actually did receive a reply back from Phil Spencer. What a cool guy! So there may actually be hope. I'm just saying!

OnTheSurface

-------------------------------------------------------------
Pasted from MS Outlook... with some redaction...
-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for actually replying sir! Guys like you are a reason for hope that MS may pull out of its consumer focused slump. Again, anything you can do to influence a Surface branded (or xbox branded) mobile device would be greatly appreciated by small devs like me. Would be nice to see my app acquisitions going up instead of down.

Thanks again,

[redacted]

---

Sent: Friday, June 1, 2018 9:25:59 AM
To: [redacted]
Subject: RE: A Mobile Phone & Gaming Device?

I did receive this, thanks for the input.

Phil

---

Sent: Friday, June 1, 2018 6:51 AM
To: Phil Spencer
Subject: RE: A Mobile Phone & Gaming Device?

Hi Phil,

Just following up, did you get this? Thanks so much,

[redacted]

---

Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 8:31:08 PM
To: Phil Spencer
Subject: A Mobile Phone & Gaming Device?

Dear Mr. Spencer,

I appreciate the new culture at Microsoft that accepts the fact that people are using iPhones and Android devices and making them work together with Windows instead of fighting against them.

However I respectfully ask that you do not let Microsoft abandon developing a Surface branded mobile device, such as a Surface Phone or a Surface “Andromeda” – a pocketable, foldable, Surface tablet that is able to make phone calls, and that has a GPS, and that perhaps has strong gaming features or Mixer streaming features.

Why?

1) I’d just plain like to have one myself. 2) Because I am a UWP app developer, and the acquisitions of my app have dramatically decreased in the 3 years that Microsoft has ignored its own mobile device platform.

Even if the Surface Phone or Surface Andromeda never [redacted] remotely as well as the iPhone or as well as any one Android phone it would still make sense to release the device, if for no other reason than to restore developer morale. Think of it as advertising cost to restore confidence in your developer community.

Please bring back a mobile device.

[redacted]

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12