Does bluetooth HID work with lumia 1520 on windows 10 mobile?

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Just had a lengthy discussion with microsoft tech support because I have issues connecting to the microsoft universal foldable keyboard. According to tech support I shouldn't be able to connect my lumia 1520 to a bluetooth keyboard due to hardware limitations. But a first time connection with the keyboard does work properly, only the reconnect I'm having issues with.Tech support mentioned something about inaduate HID usability due to constraints in the HID over GATT profile (HOGP) 1.0. Have no idea what to do with this answer.

So what does this mean. Is this HID connection a fluke, is this reconnection issue a genuine issue that is legitimate enough to pursue improved protocols for a better experience.

I'm in doubt after the disappointing tech support. I felt left empty handed, because my problem didn't fit their papers and protocols. There was no room for further in depth analysis of the problem. So now I'm turning back to the community for help.

What are your experiences with bluetooth keyboard or HID with windows 10 mobile on your lumia 1520 device?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK... I tested when I first went to 10 and my 1520 paired with a Fintie BT keyboard.

Just checked again. I was fussy, but it paired. The experience typing was less than optimal. So I guess I'm replicating with no further insight. BT isn't really my deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro