Does Continuum allow me to get notifications of my phone and answer sms?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date

skd1922

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I mean using continuum, which is using the external monitor!

I mean, through continuum. Using my desktop keyboard.

Can you receive phone notifications and answser sms through the external monitor?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
In my experience, the actual toast notification (the banner that pops up) only shows on the phone, not the external screen. But you can manually click the action center button on the external screen, and see the same notifications as on the phone.

skd1922

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
You'll see at the bottom right of the screen if you have new notifications, just like on Windows 10 PCs. Click that and you'll see your phones action centre =)

Thanks for your feedback. But wouldn't be nice if you could receive toast notification in you external screen (= through continuum) and answering text messages from there? Or even calls! If you had the required hardware (headset)

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your feedback. But wouldn't be nice if you could receive toast notification in you external screen (= through continuum) and answering text messages from there? Or even calls! If you had the required hardware (headset)

I agree, that would be nice. I'm surprised it doesn't do toast notifications like on Windows 10 proper.

You can however still reply to text messages on the external screen through the Messaging app and as far as I'm aware the Phone app should work too.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
i keep the messaging application open on continuum and reply with mouse and keyboard.

yes, i wish the notifications would popup on the external screen, but as mentioned, the bottom right of the screen shows notifications

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
You'll get the notification for SMS text messages. You can view them on the secondary screen using the Action/Notification Center in the lower right of the taskbar. If you click on the text itself, it brings up your Messaging Center app and you can reply from there. Of if you click the "V" (down arrow), it drops down with the option to reply to the text just like it would on your phone's notification pull down. I wish the notifications also appear at the top of the secondary screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12