Does my 950XL has a display angle problem?

dreamfly

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
On any white background, like news articles on the NEWS app, any slight change of the phone's angle will change the tint of background. There is no such problem on the 950. It's rather annoying. It reminds me of the non-IPS and cheap LCD monitors of the old days. I can't believe this is the top of the line phone. Very disappointed, though I got a good price on the buy one get one deal. May be I got accustomed to the gorgeous display of the 950 for a few weeks and a sudden change to the 950XL made this defect more apparent. Does anybody notice this?

sst154

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I can notice a red/pink tint that becomes green when at an angle. Anyway, compared with a L950 in a store and didn't notice much of difference. Both seemed to show this tint (which I also think is pretty much unacceptable for the price)

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
On any white background, like news articles on the NEWS app, any slight change of the phone's angle will change the tint of background. There is no such problem on the 950. It's rather annoying. It reminds me of the non-IPS and cheap LCD monitors of the old days. I can't believe this is the top of the line phone. Very disappointed, though I got a good price on the buy one get one deal. May be I got accustomed to the gorgeous display of the 950 for a few weeks and a sudden change to the 950XL made this defect more apparent. Does anybody notice this?

There's minor color change noticeable if I view at an angle. Not a big deal for me. One thing I'm pleasantly surprised by is color accuracy (when viewed at normal angle) because AMOLED, while it offers great contrast ratio, was not known for color accuracy in the past. And I'm very picky about colors.

Mina Adel

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same problem ,so i wonder if this is a defect of the screen quality that should be replaced or just it is normal and common in all 950 xl screens

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

MAK11

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
This is an RBGB AMOLED thing but some panels exhibit it more than others. Also keep in mind that the panels on the same phone models are sourced through different manufacturers. iPhones screens have historically been manufactured by both LG and Sharp. HTC's by Sony & AOC etc..
In the case of the Lumia's its currently Samsung & another manufacturer that I can't remember. The screen coating (clear lack in this case) can also affect the viewing angles and given that this is a chemical process applied to the glass the end result varies depending on the batches.
As a matter of fact I have 2 950 XLs which were assembled on the same week..but one has a more pronounced color shift that the other & I'm not planning to disassemble them to see if they have the same screen models..:eck:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124