Does someone have GDR3 on ATIV S?

txDrum

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Somebody in the main "GDR3 Preview is live!" thread mentioned installing it successfully on normal Ativ S, if I remember correctly.

There will be no features special to the Ativ S, as GDR3 is an OS update, which is implemented by Microsoft. Phone-specific features would come in the companies independent firmware. Also, there are probably bugs as it is just a preview (effectively a beta), but from what I can tell the OS is a general step forward and definitely worth it. I haven't seen anybody complain about big bugs.

Charlie Poels

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I got it on my Ativ S now, just checking through. Phone feels snappier, whatsapp opens up WAY faster in any case! Do you have anything you want me to look at for you?

Ice1Fox

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I got it on my Ativ S now, just checking through. Phone feels snappier, whatsapp opens up WAY faster in any case! Do you have anything you want me to look at for you?

Does it comfortable on your device?
And do you think that MS will publish this for us soon and by herself?

bkrasso

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
You really inspired me!!!:D
I have Ativ S normal,will be a diffrence?
And does your have any bugs or special ativ features?

From using it, it definitely feels like it runs really smooth and "snappy". Been using it for a couple hours and no issues found yet.

Charlie Poels

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, if you mean in terms of updating, yes that was very smooth. Stuff works nice and in my case the screen is more responsive... How to put this in English? If you get a notification when your phone is locked, I usually had to tap 3-5 times on the chat-notification to unlock and open to say, Whatsapp. Now I can tap once and it opens up. Very nice!

Also, the "phone storage" got a complete overhaul, in the good way. I see sections with apps+games, music+video, pictures, documents, maps, email+messaging, system and temporary files. Especially the last one is nice to have, my phone storage went down from 13GB's used down to 10,99 GB because now I can delete temporary files :love:

Haven't seen a way to change the default notification sound... Thats a bit of a let-down. But who knows, I haven't really dug that much in the changes. Overal my phone just feels a lot snappier again!

And I'm not sure about official release date, but wasn't that somewhere at the end of this month/start of next month?

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I installed it today, no issues ( I had GDR2 installed manually prior to this). It went smooth with no problems in about 25 mins, including downloading. No bugs descovered so far.

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
No, not even after GDR3, I posted in the dedicated thread here. And I think I also found a little bug, at least for Ativ S here.
Other Ativ user with GDR3 can confirm the storage space issue?

Butiulca Tudor

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I just installed gdr3 preview on my samsung ativ s an hour ago, everything is fine just the rotation option when it's off if you go to settings - about, the screen will still rotate, it's just my phone or it's a bug ?

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
The rotation lock works fine on my Ativ. The only thing strange is the storage issue that shows 0 bytes for apps and games, email and temp files. Guess a hard reset is unavoidable now

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99