Does the 920 need an InvisibleShield?

scumdogmillionaire

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I kept my wife's and my own Samsung Focus looking nearly new using InvisibleShields during the duration that we had them. We would get new ones put on about every 6 months or so.

Got our new Lumia 920's today and wondering if it needs an InvisibleShield, or if the screen is tough enough to resist scratches on its own?

Thanks!

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I also have been using invisible shield on all my devices for the last few years but this time I'm going to leave it as is. From all accounts the screen is really hard to scratch and IMO it looks better without one. My devices don't look that great with those screen protectors on.

mcphersc

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I have no doubt 920 is tough and usually I never get cases or shields. I got an invishield on my red Lumia only because I didn't want the back to get all scratched up too soon, lame I know but when I saw that smooth, glossy body I couldn't help myself

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If you are worried about ultra fine scratches and you keep the phone in pockets, purses, etc. you are going to get them eventually. That said, I have an invisible shield on mine and I hate it. My wife told me they had gotten better and less "orange peel", but that is not the case, IMO. It also seems to interfere with when you use the phone in a gloved hand (much less responsive, but still responds way more than anything else I have ever tried). A bit of a catch 22, really. I am probably going to go without, assuming I keep the phone.

FBirraque

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I kept my wife's and my own Samsung Focus looking nearly new using InvisibleShields during the duration that we had them. We would get new ones put on about every 6 months or so.

Got our new Lumia 920's today and wondering if it needs an InvisibleShield, or if the screen is tough enough to resist scratches on its own?

Thanks!

You can protect the 920's body with Original's Nokia Case. It will keep the original color and fits perfectly.
The screen definitively need some shield, but I strongly recommend the DRY ones. I found some comments in the forums that WET APPLIED shields could damage your mobile screen permanently after removed.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Had mine since november, no protection of any kind except a dedicated phone pocket that holds nothing else but the phone. In daily use, no scratches so far.

Also I dont think any shield can come even remotely close to the amazing feel and look of the screen. I only buy devices I feel confident that I dont need to ruin them with protection.

But as a disclaimer, I don't sell my previous phone when I get a new one (every 2-3 years), as I rather keep it as backup and I dont think it's value would be enough to give up the amazing cameras my phones tend to have (N8 and 920 being most recent).

flapadlr_Nok900

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I found that the Invisible Shield reduced sensitivity of the screen by a lot. I removed it. I left the rear part on to protect the back from scratches.

I also thought the loss of quality of the screen due to the Invisible Shield was too much for me. YMMV.

Invisible shield doesn't stop the screen from breaking. Sorry for your loss.

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
depends, I'm super clumsy so I got a nokia phone. All I have is dents on the side, and 1-2 scratches on the screen. If you don't want scratches, use invishield

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I found that the Invisible Shield reduced sensitivity of the screen by a lot. I removed it. I left the rear part on to protect the back from scratches.

I also thought the loss of quality of the screen due to the Invisible Shield was too much for me. YMMV.

Invisible shield doesn't stop the screen from breaking. Sorry for your loss.

I don't have any sensitivity issues on my 920 with it. After I scratched up my L800 from being in my pocket with 1 house key I got it for my L920 and haven't looked back since.

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 920 since launch date in november last year? I only have one tiny little scratch that's barely noticeable. That with common occurring drops on tiles, concrete etc

Unless you are really really rough (or just have terrible luck) you really don't need one in my opinion. That gorilla glass is pretty tough.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
If you don't mind some surface scratches on your screen then most likely you don't need one. If your like me where even the tiniest scratch annoys you then you better get one.

jonathanbailie

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
My first 920 got a few scratches on the screen before I put a protector on it. After a few months of use, and just from being in my pocket, with nothing else in there, I noticed a few small scratches on the screen.

In my opinion, the 920 screen does tend to scratch a little bit, but it's not horrible by any means.

I personally use the Wrapsol Ultra Extreme protector and love it. It's smooth, easy to apply, and it's very clear. It's the clearest and smoothest one I've tried so far. I've tried the Zagg sheilds also, which are pretty good, but the Wrapsol seems to be the best for me.

Do yourself a favor, get a good protector for the screen. The Wrapsol one is pretty close to having nothing at all, so it's not an inconvenience or an eyesore.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk for Windows Phone 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786