Does the Phone Insider app work?

jibgilmon

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to purchase a used Ativ SE, and I'm wondering if Phone Insider can be used on it. This is specifically about whether or not you can install it in the store, and it functions correctly, opposed to saying the device is not eligible for the app. I understand that the preview itself does not come out until February, and there is no official word on the Ativ SE specifically in regards to Windows 10. If someone who has the phone can install the app and let me know, I would really appreciate it!

jibgilmon

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
The Phone Insider app does not work for anyone with any device at this time. We need to wait until the February release.

I don't think you understand my question. I'm aware that the app itself does not currently download any updates, and that a microsoft email is needed to use the app. I'm wondering whether or not you can actually install the application, from the store, on the Ativ SE.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to purchase a used Ativ SE, and I'm wondering if Phone Insider can be used on it. This is specifically about whether or not you can install it in the store, and it functions correctly, opposed to saying the device is not eligible for the app. I understand that the preview itself does not come out until February, and there is no official word on the Ativ SE specifically in regards to Windows 10. If someone who has the phone can install the app and let me know, I would really appreciate it!
It installs on an HTC 8X, so should install on a Shamesung, too

jibgilmon

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
but we obviously can't tell if it'll work perfectly yet
llRC, the SE had some issues with the 8.1 Prevlew

Well yes, of course :)

And yea, it has a few issues but the main problem is that the screen locks up. This is something that could be fixed with a firmware update (which isn't completely unlikely, considering the phone's less than a year old, Verizon/WP aside). More importantly, though, is that since this is such a high-end device (in terms of specs), I imagine Microsoft wants to get W10 on this device for reviewing/press purposes, which leads me to believe that they will try to come up with a workaround in the event that Samsung drops support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12