Doesn't the new iphone 6 (especially the black one) look like a Lumia 925?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What is realy funy, is that now that they implemented NFC, I am certain you will be able to use it only to pay with your phone. There will be no touch to pair, touch to send data, touch to check in, touch to send sound. They will criple it like they criple bluetooth.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No, they don't. They're all rectangles, they can only vary SO much. The button placement and quantities are different, the edges and corners look noticeably different, and the 925 looks darker.

No, they don't.

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
What is realy funy, is that now that they implemented NFC, I am certain you will be able to use it only to pay with your phone. There will be no touch to pair, touch to send data, touch to check in, touch to send sound. They will criple it like they criple bluetooth.

Because you can on Windows Phone?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Except Apple ARE doing their own thing with Apple Pay, this means that retailers have to add a new payment system to existing NFC based ones just for Apple. We all know what Apple are like with patents as well, which means that IF Apple Pay becomes the dominant NFC payment method then no one else can use it.

That probably wouldn't work in the long run. In order to make a system like that pay, they have to license the technology to other handset OS makers. That of course, if this technology is successful.

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
That probably wouldn't work in the long run. In order to make a system like that pay, they have to license the technology to other handset OS makers. That of course, if this technology is successful.

I would like to think different: If you let stores get one universal NFC communication device. This means that someone with an iPhone can use Apple Pay. Someone with a Samsung can use whatever they got and even Windows Phone users can use the Wallet app.

I strongly believe this will be the future.

However, if we speak Apple Pay we all think it's paying in stores. But it's also paying in App's. For example here in the Netherlands we've got this cinema app Pathe. If you buy tickets you can pay in either PayPal, Creditcard or with PIN / iDeal (system from Dutch banks all together) but the problem is; you leave the app!
I would love to just hold my finger for Touch ID or any other personal and safe security check and boom! my tickets are paid. No other apps, no filling in bank account numbers, or logging into PayPal. Sweet!

Erik Johansson1

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
They're all kind of rectangular and if you compare the same colors (e.g. black), they look somewhat or very similar. However, the demand for the iPhone 6 and 6Plus crashed Apple and all the carrier's websites under the load of pre-orders.

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
You clearly dislike the iPhone. But we're on a Windows Phone site so what to expect?

I would like to discuss. Because you ask how long Apple can get away with this, but they've done this since the original iPhone. So I guess Apple can get away with it because they just can. It's Apple, nuff said. It's a brand other companies would love to be with a very loyal user base. And I mean especially the Mac users. All those post-iPhone people are new to Apple and will switch.
Apple hasn't slipped, I think they are still number one but you got to keep in mind that Apple now only makes 2 phones. How many does Samsung make? And Nokia! We've got the 1320, 1520, 930, 1020, 3310 and so on. It's impossible to compare those two at the moment.

Your list:
* Screen resolution. Do you really need full HD?
* Size will be dubbed about. Is the 6 inch Lumia 1320 and 1520 ideal? Some say yes, some won't.
* Resoltion + MP isn't the key for photos. Ask a photographer.
* Only added NFC for hardware, but hugely enhanced the usability
* The design at the back is not my taste either, the front is cool enough.

P.S. I like the iPad look of the home-screen with the apps a little wider on the grid.

That's when you use the PIN cards. However in the states it's pretty normal to walk around with your credit card. And I'd be happy enough to keep your card with me and carry it for you. Because all I need to use your bank account is your card. That's why Apple, and others too, want to make a change.

Last point first, just to get it out of the way. Yes we use the PIN cards here in the UK, can't comment on apple's limited-use NFC because Apple Pay isn't available here in the UK yet anyway. But unless they license it to other manufacturers, would everybody want to buy an iPhone just to use Apple Pay?

Back to the start, I don't dislike the iPhone, I just think they're a rip-off. Apple have slipped, their worldwide market share is widely reported to be down but as you say they only make 2 phones. But Android have over 84% market share while iPhone has under 12%.

Android, iOS Market Share Data And Apple's iPhone 6 - Business Insider

If there were only 2 Android phones would Apple have the majority? They are only the most popular single model because Android sales are spread across different handsets.

- Screen resolution. You might not need it but most if not all other flagship phones have a better resolution, that's the point.
- Size. Yes people will stick to what they prefer but again, every other flagship handset gives you more screen to use. That's why Apple have produced the 6 Plus but there is no getting away from the fact that the 6's screen is still smaller than every other top-end phone out there.
- Resolution/MP isn't the key but there are better phone cameras out there.
- NFC usability has been enhanced, at least if you live in the US, so far it's useless everywhere else but you still can't use it for the same things you can use NFC for on every other phone.
- Design again is subjective, most iPhone fans won't be able to bring themselves to criticize it but it doesn't look good for a premium handset.

The whole point is that Apple have produced nothing here that we don't already have, and there are still better phones out there for much less money. If they brought the price down I would not be so critical, but behind the hype there are always flaws that reveal themselves over time with various models. We have had poor reception from aerial problems, broken screens seem to be reported an awful lot, and low light performance of the 5s was frankly awful, to name a few. Now we have the bending iPhone stories. You never get that with a Lumia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos