Doodle Jump WP8

mtsmedly

May 30, 2012
Visit site
As an FYI out there for those who may not have noticed, Doodle Jump is no longer published in the Windows Phone market. This disappointed me greatly, because even though it's an older, simpler game, it's a ton of fun and a good way for me to kill time when I'm on a plane, or pretty much waiting anywhere. I recently did a factory reset on my phone because I'm moving from my Gmail based Microsoft Account to a Outlook based one. In the process I noticed I couldn't find Doodle Jump anymore.

I decided to email Lima Sky (the developers) and received this reply:

Hi Mark,

Yes, we hope to have Doodle Jump for WP8 out in the near future.

So hopefully this means we'll see Xbox Live support in the WP8 version as well.

But other than that, word to the wise, don't uninstall Doodle Jump or wipe you phone if you have Doodle Jump and enjoy playing it.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Are we really talking about Doodle Jump, just one day after Windows Phone 8 got Temple Run only to have people complain that the game wasn't relevant anymore?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
MonsterUp Adventures is easier, but more tedious. I don't think the gameplay has been sufficiently balanced. Also, whatever algorithm they used in DoodleJump was better at building dynamic stages; not that it didn't get frustrating but at least the challenge was there.

Aesthetically, MonsterUp is more appealing because of the rich graphics. However, DoodleJump did have better character design. The other thing in it's favor it's that it was instantly obvious whether or not a platform was breakable. In MonsterUp, the visual variations aren't nearly obvious enough.

My point being that while MonsterUp is a decent clone, it doesn't have the refinement in gameplay that Doodle Jump had.

I had the Android version which I played a fair bit. Early last year they offered a significant update which brought it to parity with the iOS version. It ramped up difficulty a bit which I think was to the game's detriment. So in the scheme of things I don't think we're missing out on much.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Are we really talking about Doodle Jump, just one day after Windows Phone 8 got Temple Run only to have people complain that the game wasn't relevant anymore?

Most people complained it ran like crap and still doesn't run the greatest. There were some who wanted Temple Run 2. For me, take it one step at a time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamododomunı