DOUBLE Text Messages = 920/Windows 8 bug

howdysir

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
My buddy with a 920 sent me a few messages, and once in a while it would send double messages.

Only his 920.

Today a buddy says that I keep sending his Iphone double text messages. (I have a 920).

I have to assume there is a 920 bug or Windows Phone 8 bug where text messages are being sent out twice.

Can anyone confirm this happens to them as well. (I am on AT&T).

Thanks

On a side note - I saw my first Lumia 920 in someone's hands today at the mall that wasn't anybody I knew. I smiled.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
What color 920 did the other person have? Just curious.

I haven't experienced any double text messages, sending/receiving to android and iOS. I don't know anone else with a Lumia right now so I can't test that.

m0unds

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
i'm guessing it's a carrier/coverage problem. i've never had double messages with my lumia 920 or any other device i've had on at&t, however, i regularly had issues (as did my wife and most of my friends) with VZW devices.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
i'm guessing it's a carrier/coverage problem. i've never had double messages with my lumia 920 or any other device i've had on at&t, however, i regularly had issues (as did my wife and most of my friends) with VZW devices.

Good call. I do remember having this issue a few years ago with Verizon. It was what you said: poor coverage led to double text messages.

Erwan12

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me however it was Facebook messages....for every one that was sent to me by a buddy I received two on my phone....not sure what happened, but it fixed itself eventually

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I've seen the issue on both my 900 & now my 920... It's only every once in a while, but I think it is more of a carrier issue...

Just so happened, a text to a friend (not something they wanted to hear) went through 2x and said friend replied snidely that that they got the text the first time. Anyhow, went round with him asking how often he gets 2x texts from me and he said not very often... Grilled him a little more and he said he sometimes gets double texts from everyone, be it android, WP or other... Only people he doesn't get 2x from are other iPhone users, I assume because ios to ios uses imessage instead of actual SMS.

kaz409

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My wife just commented that her phone (iPhone 4s) was occasionally receiving my messages twice since I've switched to the Lumia 920, however I also think that this is carrier-related and SMS. I have a friend on Sprint using an Android phone and I frequently receive double message from her.

anon(5352752)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think this is carrier and phone related.

My 2 pennies.

I have the EXACT same sim card which I had in my Galaxy Nexus and never had this issue until trimming it down and putting it in the 920
I often get the failed message when the phone is connected to WiFi as well as data.

I honestly don't know what to make of it at the moment..

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It's not limited to the 920/wp8. I text a lot with someone on a 900 and we both receive duplicate messages on occasion. I used to get dropped messages on Verizon.... I'll take the problem of duplicates over dropped messages any day of the week!

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's a carrier/coverage issue. Happens all the time with friends I know with Android SG3, iPhone 4,4s,5, and WP7. Doesn't matter if it's T-Mobile, AT&T, or Verizon.

anon(5352752)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Then forgive me for being Naive then it has to be a Windows Phone bug. I didn't have this issue on WebOS or Android with the same sim card. Coverage hasn't changed in my area and I'm on the same network. Literally the only thing thats changed for me is the phone :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmahrsh137