Doubt regarding Cyan and WP 8.1 Update 1

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
My 620 was on Lumia Black & PFD 8.1 (version 8.10.12397.895). Today I checked for updates and an update was available (GDR1). I did not download it, I thought I should get out of the PFD and check again for updates, in case Cyan was available. Maybe I could update to Cyan without downgrading first, and then upgrading to GDR1.
So I run Preview for Developers, unchecked the box and then went to Settings -> Phone Updates again. Without checking again, it said "an update is avalailable", so I press "download". Well guess what, it was still the GDR1 update from the previous check. I am on 8.10.14147.180 now.

Am I going to get a notification about the Cyan update when that is available? I guess I won't be able to install it without downgrading fist.
Are there any firmware updates for the 620 with the Lumia Cyan? If there are no firmware updates available, maybe it's not worth downgrading to get Cyan. Can someone post firmware version numbers for 620 with Cyan update?

My 620 with Black update has:
firmware revision number 3056.40000.1404.0002
hardware revision number 5.0.4.0
radio software version 2.0.242028.8

Just noticed that "Extras+Info" Setting does not run anymore: "there is a problem with this app".

As per nokia site. Black ver ending 0002 hasnt got Cyan update yet. As far as I know you have not yet downgraded from PFD yet. You have to use Nokia recovery software to downgrade to Black before getting Cyan. Search these forums for more. What you downloaded was PFD update 1 for the 8.1 but your firmware is still same old Lumia Black. For the extras +info I am not sure if it happens to be like that in PFD but you can always download lumia pusher app from store and run it to get system updates for your Lumia

Hope this helps

anon(5527120)

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey, Cyan update is out. So we have two alternatives - downgrade to WP8 and get Cyan or stay on PFD and get Cyan later. Hope the delay isn't too much for PFD users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pardyadsions