downloading files from onedrive, ZIP question!

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm downloading my camera roll content on Onedrive and as I thought, its saving as a zipped folder (the pics total just under 8gb in size). If I move this zip file once its finished on to a portable Hardrive for back up, then that should be a hard copy of those files right?

I should be able to unzip the folder to retrieve my images from then on correct? Just trying to find a legit solution to move my onedrive pics to my portable HD so i have a backed up copy to date of some of my older pics.

If any one can confirm this for me i'd be grateful!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd unzip the file and store the images separately myself. If these are jpg files, then the zip won't save any significant space (since jpgs are naturally compressed).

Last edited:

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
cool, so unzip them into a new folder for instance and then move that on to the portable HD? also, the zipped onedrive file is something like 650mb in size, would that sound about right for the volume of files-8gb worth?

EDIT:

so i'm getting a "sorry, cant download folder bigger than 4gb..." warning when selecting the folder to download from OD... What's the easiest way to do this? its only >8gb of pics i want to back up! any thoughts?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963