Drivers issues after update to new build (1809)

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with drivers being uninstalled or forgotten by the computer after updating to a new Windows build. I have an EDUP EP-AC1601 wireless adapter that is recognized as a "MediaTek AC1200" in the Device Manager. The computer I'm using was previously enrolled in the Insider program, and around the beginning of July, the computer would have no drivers installed each time a new Insider build was released. I would have to reinstall by searching the built-in drivers because the hardware vendor doesn't supply any drivers with their installation package - only a Wi-Fi monitoring utility.

A few weeks ago, I did a clean install of the 1803 build with all current updates, and have had the wireless adapter working since then. When the 1809 build was officially released this week, I had to reinstall the drivers for the wireless adapter again.

I find this strange because I've never experienced this type of issue, and I've been using Windows 10 since it was first available on the Insider program. This wireless adapter is the only hardware having any issues on any of my Windows 10 computers (4 desktops and 2 laptops currently in my home).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos