E-mail attachment from phone...

Cormango

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I was strongly considering a windows phone. I even went to the microsoft store to try one for about 30 minutes to see if I liked it. I was somewhat impressed (as an Android user) until the point I went to send an email and thought I was just being silly and did not know how to work attachments. That led me here from Google to find out you can't attach files. Really??? I think I will have to wait for 8.1 to see how it handles then - too few programs and lots of lacking features at this point, unfortunately.

It's not that you can't, it's that it's more difficult than it should be. You can attach files to email documents but it requires saving the document to OneDrive and then sharing it from the OfficeHub. No, it's not ideal. But it's possible. This will all be resolved in WP8.1.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
...The reason is simple when doing business with email : The process is this write an email--> attach document --> type other text --> attach another document ---> .... --> send email
The process of selecting document and creating an email is ismply reversed and not useful, and once you have attached a doc, what if you want to add another to the same mail ???
Anyone who declares that attaching from email isn't a limit, is only using his phone for gaming or fun.

What gaming wp8 does not have enough games like android or ios do not joke.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I agree, but without the implied denigration for someone who doesn't care about how to attach documents to emails. I do care, however, and this remains a major shortfall of WP for me in contrast to the way Blackberry handles emails and attachments. The pictures and songs and all are great but a smartphone for me is at its most productive and smartest when it allows me to receive and review and distribute documents, spreadsheets, etc., wherever I am in a seamless and rational way, without my having to resort to elaborate work arounds.

That s
why bb10 advertising tools not toys.lol!

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4