Enabling Cortana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espeland

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What would I need to change to enable Cortana in 8.1. Is it only the "browser & search language", or region and phone language as well?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Your phone language must be English (United States ) ,country should be United States , not sure about region format and browser and search language. You will get the answer very soon. Developer preview is expected to be seeded by Microsoft tomorrow.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. The service learns dialect and speech. Your phone learns your personal likes and dislikes.
They improve with research and analyzing feedback, its not that if I speak with another accent the Americans will get a worse Cortana because of it.
It also seems to me that MSFT would have comprehended this situation already if needed.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
They improve with research and analyzing feedback, its not that if I speak with another accent the Americans will get a worse Cortana because of it.
It also seems to me that MSFT would have comprehended this situation already if needed.

You're free to think what you want.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Trust me - if you had used search function on this website you would find at least 4 threads asking the same and one sticky explaining the same. But still you thought you would make a thread for yourself. It is fine by me, but if all those 180,000 members asked this at the same time, on a new thread for each, you will scare Cortana away and no one will be able to enable her :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs