End Windows Live Tile?

andrew bainbridge

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Should Windows end its live tile? I've recently got rid of them - so to speak. They're still on the screen but not visible. I've just got the icon's for each app I use. The screen looks clean and light and seems to react a bit quicker. Anyway having done so I realised its just not necessary to have those floating tiles - more Window(s) dressing than practical. What do other users think?

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Live tiles are thing I miss most since I jumped to retarded Android OS. And Bing daily lockscreen pics.
But, it was a thing I had to do... Won't go there since there is another thread on that.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I have noticed that since the action center has really matured I don't even pay attention to the live tiles anymore.

Should they rid Win10 mobile of them? No way.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Should Windows end its live tile? I've recently got rid of them - so to speak. They're still on the screen but not visible. I've just got the icon's for each app I use. The screen looks clean and light and seems to react a bit quicker. Anyway having done so I realised its just not necessary to have those floating tiles - more Window(s) dressing than practical. What do other users think?

they don't seem that important on pc but on mobile I like the animations and the info I can get from them. Some are static but most do their flipping - if they have any flipping to do that is

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I use "LIVE" tile very sparingly; but I do, very much, like updated infor on my tiles (they provide very helpful and quick information). I am just not a fan of a lot of fluid motion on my screen, and I also use the tile's face as a reference, so if it changes...many times, I overlook the tile. I use LIVE tile most on news apps, for breaking stories, and current events.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254