Error Code 1900201

fatrat727

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Keep getting error message "can not update system partition" everytime I go to install the Windows 10 Tech preview. I have 8.1. Running custom desktop.

fatrat727

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Attempting to upgrade from 8.1. Single partition is what I'm trying to accomplish on my SSD. But I do have the SSD as primary and a HDD as secondary. The HDD is empty right now. Would it be better if I dual boot in my case?

Chuck Foltz

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Attempting to upgrade from 8.1. Single partition is what I'm trying to accomplish on my SSD. But I do have the SSD as primary and a HDD as secondary. The HDD is empty right now. Would it be better if I dual boot in my case?

Have you checked if there is some secure boot settings in bios? Sometimes this can block access to the other partitions.

fatrat727

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
nothing in BIOS that would be blocking me. I also checked in the Samsung software that comes with the SSD. I'm downloading the ISO file. Maybe I can't do it from windows update. We shall see.

Last edited:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
your HDD may have hidden system files. I had installation problems on my new PC as well. Although my error message is different, I would check anyway.
I recently cloned my hdd to a new ssd and made that my boot drive. the hdd still had system files. Whenever I tried to install the 10 TP it would give me an error after installation first boot. Both from iso and from windows update.
0x80070002-0x20009.

I unplugged my hdd and was able to install the 10 TP without a problem. plugged hdd back in after installation.

I know it's a long shot, but how knows - easy enough to unplug the hdd. hope that helps.
​good luck

fatrat727

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
your HDD may have hidden system files. I had installation problems on my new PC as well. Although my error message is different, I would check anyway.
I recently cloned my hdd to a new ssd and made that my boot drive. the hdd still had system files. Whenever I tried to install the 10 TP it would give me an error after installation first boot. Both from iso and from windows update.
0x80070002-0x20009.

I unplugged my hdd and was able to install the 10 TP without a problem. plugged hdd back in after installation.

I know it's a long shot, but how knows - easy enough to unplug the hdd. hope that helps.
​good luck

I'll try that next. I did format the HDD after the clone process. Still worth a try though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99