Essential Drivers for Windows 10 Clean Install

Mr MnmlEngr

May 7, 2019
Visit site
I have been planning to use the WC Article here to do a clean install of my HP Envy laptop. One of the sections the article doesn't detail (probably because every OEM is different), is what exactly are the essential drivers I should have downloaded. When I follow the link to HP's site, there are 55 drivers that I can download (image below). So I'm wondering if anyone here can provide guidance on which drivers I should consider essential to avoid complications with the clean install process.

HP Drivers.jpg

Thank you!

WonderlandKiller

Aug 21, 2020
Visit site
You don't need to install drivers manually, windows includes enough drivers to boot your pc. And after booting windows update updates the required drivers.
I only installed bluetooth driver manually after a clean install.
But it's better if you keep audio, graphic and, especially, network drvers downloaded in case you face any issues.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
You don't need to install drivers manually, windows includes enough drivers to boot your pc. And after booting windows update updates the required drivers.
I only installed bluetooth driver manually after a clean install.
But it's better if you keep audio, graphic and, especially, network drvers downloaded in case you face any issues.

disagree, when it comes to laptops, you really need to install the manufacturers drivers. some laptop drivers tend to be modified to the point where windows drivers just don't work properly. There is enough to worry about during a fresh instal without adding drivers to the list.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
I have been planning to use the WC Article here to do a clean install of my HP Envy laptop. One of the sections the article doesn't detail (probably because every OEM is different), is what exactly are the essential drivers I should have downloaded. When I follow the link to HP's site, there are 55 drivers that I can download (image below). So I'm wondering if anyone here can provide guidance on which drivers I should consider essential to avoid complications with the clean install process.

Thank you!

if you are restory to factory using the restore partiition of the laptop, then you should get hp's own HP Support Assistant. If you are not using hp restore you should still be able to download and install the assistant

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Given the nature of the question, I would recommend you download an application called Speccy.

This is easy to navigate and will provide you information of what hardware is inside your laptop.

You can then use this information to download the correct drivers.

The essential drivers on a laptop are:

1)Chipset
2)Audio
3)Graphics
4)Networking - Wireless and to a lesser extent Ethernet but that it is if your laptop has ethernt jack. If you are using an usb ethernet adaptor, you don't need drivers as Windows will install plug and play drivers.
5)Keyboard, Mouse, Input devices if the laptop supports a stylus and has a touch screen

In terms of firmware, The old adage applies if it ain't broke don't fix it when it comes to firmware as there is a slim chance of bricking the laptop if you bork up the firmware update.

However, with modern laptops that is a least likely scenario but the risk is there and the same applies to the bios as well (as with anything there is a small element of risk). Speaking of the bios, there are some mitigations for the CPU vulnerabilities which require bios updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)