Every photos in SD Card are recognized as Other in Storage Sense

Juzz Tianz

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have a problem with my boss' Lumia 1520. He would love to import photos to his 1520 & asked me to help him, and since every photos are categorized in folders, I just copied all the folders to Pictures folder in SD Card.
What happens next is that these photos don't show up in Photos App. I checked the Storage Sense, it said that there is no photos (0KB), and the size of all the folders I have copied before are shown in Other Storage (~4GBs)

What I have tried:
- Format the SD Card using Storage Sense, then put the SD Card inside the phone and connect it to PC, then moved the photos to the phone using USB Connection. Failed.
- Put the SD Card into my Transcend Card Reader, move the photos into the SD Card then put it again into the phone. Failed.
- Renaming the folders in Files App in Lumia, then check the Photos App whether it has shown up in the album section. Failed.
- Renaming the folders in Windows 7, then check the Photos App whether it has shown up in the album section. Failed.
- Fully format the SD Card using Windows 7, and move the photos to the SD Card and put it again into the phone. In progress: formatting the SD Card.

The Lumia 1520 runs on Windows Phone 8.1 Update, OS Version 8.10.14219.341 with Lumia Cyan installed. The SD Card is Sandisk 32GB Class 10.
Is anyone having this problem too? Can someone share any relevant solution? Thanks.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have a problem with my boss' Lumia 1520. He would love to import photos to his 1520 & asked me to help him, and since every photos are categorized in folders, I just copied all the folders to Pictures folder in SD Card.
What happens next is that these photos don't show up in Photos App. I checked the Storage Sense, it said that there is no photos (0KB), and the size of all the folders I have copied before are shown in Other Storage (~4GBs)

What I have tried:
- Format the SD Card using Storage Sense, then put the SD Card inside the phone and connect it to PC, then moved the photos to the phone using USB Connection. Failed. Define FAILED, what error message?
- Put the SD Card into my Transcend Card Reader, move the photos into the SD Card then put it again into the phone. Failed.
- Renaming the folders in Files App in Lumia, then check the Photos App whether it has shown up in the album section. Failed.
- Renaming the folders in Windows 7, then check the Photos App whether it has shown up in the album section. Failed.
- Fully format the SD Card using Windows 7, and move the photos to the SD Card and put it again into the phone. In progress: formatting the SD Card.

The Lumia 1520 runs on Windows Phone 8.1 Update, OS Version 8.10.14219.341 with Lumia Cyan installed. The SD Card is Sandisk 32GB Class 10.
Is anyone having this problem too? Can someone share any relevant solution? Thanks.

what format are the photos (jpeg, png, bmp, etc)?

Have you tried to copy 1 photo (instead of the folder)?

Are the photos, perhaps compressed on the PC (do they show up green in the folder)? password protected?

There is an app EASY TRANSFER - uses WiFi connection to create an ad hoc network connection, very simple. I'd try that, create folder on SDcard (same as PC), move the contents of the PC folder to the SDcard folder. SDcard will take some time to index photos transferred to PHOTOS on the phone.

Good Luck (I hope your job doesn't depend on this)!

Juzz Tianz

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Oh Failed means the photos didn't showed up in Photos App.
The formats are png, jpg and jpeg.
I have tried to copy one photo but yet it didn't show up. But if I pasted it in Saved Pictures Folder, it showed up in Saved pictures album in the Photos App.
I have unchecked read only and hidden in the properties of all pictures and folders.
i have just finished formatting SD Card in Windows 7 and trying to copy the pictures. I will post it here if it works.

Btw thanks for your reply.

Juzz Tianz

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I have tried on my own SD Card (Sandisk 8GB) inside my Lumia 620. I just copied an ENTIRE folder to my SD Card through USB Connection and it showed up ALL in the Photos App directly. Well, I dont know what happen, I am going to swap the SD Card to my boss' Lumia to see if it's SD Card faulty or the phone system needs reset after all.

Btw, my Lumia 620 already ran Lumia Denim. My boss' Lumia 1520 still run Lumia Cyan.

curseoftheninja

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am having a similar issue with my 1520 on cyan. My class 10 sd card. All files show up as "Other." My other sd card isn't class 10 and it works fine.

Anyone else find any solutions?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I am having a similar issue with my 1520 on cyan. My class 10 sd card. All files show up as "Other." My other sd card isn't class 10 and it works fine.

Anyone else find any solutions?

Not sure if this works but you can try.
But is you open lumia camera and go to settings > pictures . On the bottom of the setting page is something like "find photo's and video's made with Lumia camera classic"

Muhammad Bin Naveed

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Same situation with my Lumia 1520. I think it's an sd problem with high speed sd cards. Checking with a class 4 one now to see if that's the case. Lost a ton of photos but also music as well. Both that and pics got corrupted but again only those in the camera roll. The other saved folder pics were fine :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99