Everyone please help make cortana better!

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I've added a suggestion on Microsoft's suggestion page to improve a major flaw with Cortana but I need everyone's help to get it enough attention ⚠ so that Microsoft can do something about it. Please go here and vote for this fix please.
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...1618-cortana-s-needs-separate-or-fixed-volume

Here's my suggestion... Cortana's needs separate or fixed volume!

Cortana needs separate volume controls from media + apps or fixed high volume. Tapping search on WP pulled up a silent Cortana while holding search pulls up an audible Cortana. This volume needs to be audible even if an app or other media is turn down low.

An example of use would be listening to music low and putting up Cortana but not being able to hear her without turning the phone back up and then down again when finished. This is a real inconvenience. Or using Cortana paired with a Bluetooth devices. Cortana may attempt to read a text message but it's barely audible to low volume set for an app.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to get Cortana to hear me through my car's bluetooth. I'm hoping it's just my car's equipment.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a pioneer after market head unit. She works in my car but the volume can be pretty low.

I have a pioneer 9800bt unit and everything works pretty good. The only issue is that every time I want to speak a voice command, I need to hit the telephone button and then it takes a few seconds for the head unit to initialize Cortana. Otherwise no problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99