Excel documents won't open anymore on mobile?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Excel documents wont open anymore on mobile

When I receive an email it will not always show the excel attachment file to open, instead a greyed out file folder logo.

This was working fine last week but now doesn't seem to work, just asks me to search for an app to open it.... which ive tried and shows no apps.

One file in question is 1.24MB, I had thought this was the problem, but this file has now just downloaded fine but when I send again it appears greyed out.
I can see the file fine on my laptop, just not on my phone, any ideas?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Excel documents wont open anymore on mobile

When I receive an email it will not always show the excel attachment file to open, instead a greyed out file folder logo.

This was working fine last week but now doesn't seem to work, just asks me to search for an app to open it.... which ive tried and shows no apps.

One file in question is 1.24MB, I had thought this was the problem, but this file has now just downloaded fine but when I send again it appears greyed out.
I can see the file fine on my laptop, just not on my phone, any ideas?

which OS are you using on the phone?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Excel documents wont open anymore on mobile

Have you tried uploading the excel document to OneDrive and opening it from there?

Also, i'd give a soft reset a shot. In order to do a soft reset, hold down the power button on your phone until the phone vibrates & restarts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa