excuse me... what IS that phone!?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I work in IT and I'm surrounded by ohone geeks, so almost every day someone asks me about my red 920. I call it the "anti-iPhone". I was ecstatic the day I uninstalled iTunes from every PC we have!

Uninstalling iTunes was a glorious day. :D
Have had iOS device since first gen iPod touch and after selling my new iPad some weeks ago i haven't had Apple device, or iTunes. It's unbelievable how horrible iTunes imo is. Never owned mac so i don't know if it's better there.

The youth at church really like it too. Though, one of the girls (who is used to her dad's iPhone) thinks the phone is 'too confusing.' Which I interpret as, "Man, that's different than what I'm used to..."

That's exactly what it is. There's not really two easier mobile UI's to pick up outside of WP and iOS.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Uninstalling iTunes was a glorious day. :D
Have had iOS device since first gen iPod touch and after selling my new iPad some weeks ago i haven't had Apple device, or iTunes. It's unbelievable how horrible iTunes imo is. Never owned mac so i don't know if it's better there.

I use iTunes...is there something better?

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Where I live everyone is so jaded by material reality that no one cares anymore. You could be using an iphone 8 prototype that is see-through and glows neon and no one would even flinch.

Edit: I really need to get out of here.

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I really wanted the White or Yellow L920 but my carrier only had/has black ones in stock :(

But I do get the same reaction, whoa what kind of phone is that, its pretty etc etc etc.

awsman

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been propping the 920 up for months on Social Media in preparation for my purchase (previous iPhone 3GS user) and received a TON of kickback from Apple fanboys. So I was laughing when I finally got it and all the fanboys I know were lined up to get a look at it. Not a single one had a bad thing to say, which is impressive considering how rabid these guys are towards Apple.

As far as people just seeing it and responding, I had it out after a reception the other day and one of my fellow bank employees asked what it was. (I have a White 920) I told her it was a Windows Phone and gave her the quick and dirty tour. The next day she called and told me she had bought one.

I spread the word as much as possible. The more converts we have, the more likely the platform will be successful and of course that there will be app consistency throughout the stores.

en0x#AC

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
More and more people now know about the windows phone

I was asked about mine and i let them play a little too... they loved the live tile concept...

they are like "you do not have to open your app to refresh... it's right there on screen in real time" lol ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124