External Hard Drive

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
So I'm down to 23gb of space on my Xbox One from the original 500gb(more like 400gb). Does anybody know where I can get the best value for a 1TB+ external hard drive compatible with Xbox One?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Letting us know where you live would help... this is an international community.

Any external USB drive will do but most people would recommend the Passport Western Digital USB 3.0 drive.

Whether that fits into your budget or not is another question.

KRS_21

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I can agree that the Passport Western Digital USB 3.0 is a great choice. I've used one myself for the past 7 months and its worked a charm.

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Letting us know where you live would help... this is an international community.

Any external USB drive will do but most people would recommend the Passport Western Digital USB 3.0 drive.

Whether that fits into your budget or not is another question.

I live in Arizona in the US, my bad. And I'm looking to spend around 80-110$.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
My recommendation is to get a USB 3.0 hard drive enclosure and then put in any ol' big hard drive into it.

I had a WD Passport Drive crash on me and lose about 6 years worth of pictures. I sent it into a friend who recovers hard drives and they said that because WD uses a proprietary format that they couldn't do anything...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
My recommendation is to get a USB 3.0 hard drive enclosure and then put in any ol' big hard drive into it.

I had a WD Passport Drive crash on me and lose about ears worth of pictures. I sent it into a friend who recovers hard drives and they said that because WD uses a proprietary format that they couldn't do anything...

I always keep an eye on my portable hard drives. They have a tendency to not last as long. Saying that, with all the cloud based stuff I use that as my back up these days for photos my wife had a SD card fail in her phone losing quite a few pics.

If you maintain your hard drive it will be fine, just keep an eye on it if it starts to act funny it's time to replace it. All hard drives have a shelf life.

Posted by my Nexus 7

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased this today!

Seagate Backup Plus 2TB External USB 3.02.0 Portable Hard Drive Black STDR2000100 - Best Buy

Actually bought it through their Ebay site (Search the model number @ Ebay) and got free shipping. I had a + PayPal balance that paid for the entire transaction. - I read many of the reviews and there were specific questions asked about using this with an XB1. Good results. 1GB wasn't enough IMO, 3 was too $$ so I thought the 2TB @ 99 bucks was my sweet spot. Hope this helps you decide.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss