Extra Shells

Hans820

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If you mean some sort of lip that covers the front sides so when you put the phone face down, it rests on the bumper, then yes. Have a look below:

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Just a note for anyone interested... I see Expansys is now carrying the shells for the US market. Prob about as "official" a source as we are likely to get.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Just a note for anyone interested... I see Expansys is now carrying the shells for the US market. Prob about as "official" a source as we are likely to get.
I see the bumper covers, not the shells. Care to share the link if you have one?

Also, expansys.ph is carrying some cases for the 620. But hey, it's a start, right?

Last edited:

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I see the bumper covers, not the shells. Care to share the link if you have one?

Also, expansys.ph is carrying some cases for the 620. But hey, it's a start, right?

I swear they were there last night... I wonder if I somehow got on one of the non-US sites... I'll check my cache when I get back to the computer. Shoot.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

OK, I checked the history... looks like the USA site to me. They call them "Nokia Hard Cover For Lumia 620", but they look like the shells to me:

Green: Nokia Hard Cover for Lumia 620 (Green) #CC-3057GREEN - Expansys USA
Blue: Nokia Hard Cover for Lumia 620 (Blue) #CC-3057BLUE - Expansys USA
Orange: Nokia Hard Cover for Lumia 620 (Orange) #CC-3057ORANGE - Expansys USA
White: Nokia Hard Cover for Lumia 620 (White) #CC-3057WHITE - Expansys USA
Yellow: Nokia Hard Cover for Lumia 620 (Yellow) #CC-3057YELLOW - Expansys USA

Don't see black...

Paarthurnax

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm either totally off, or if you buy a yellow 620, it's a glossy yellow whereas a 'standalone' shell is a matte yellow. Weird.

The fact that you STILL cannot buy a protective shell puzzles me. It looks ugly, but I'd really like (need?) one.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm either totally off, or if you buy a yellow 620, it's a glossy yellow whereas a 'standalone' shell is a matte yellow. Weird.

The fact that you STILL cannot buy a protective shell puzzles me. It looks ugly, but I'd really like (need?) one.

I'm not sure I understand... you want something that goes over the removable back to protect the back? Why not just replace the back if needed? I know it's a bit more expensive.

Or there are tons of covers on eBay that fit over the back.

mark4130

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I think he is referring to the cc3061 protective case that Nokia announced. Softer rubber, dust resistant, splash resistant, tighter tolerances around all the button holes etc.
Thats the case I want - unfortunately Nokia dont seem to be able to understand that simply putting out PR photos of supposedly available products is not the same as making the products available to the cash spending consumer!
You would think that in the current climate, and with their future being reliant on the success of the phones, that they would be bending over backwards to ensure the customer got what they wanted. This indifferent ignorance on their part is going to really cost them in the long run.

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
It is a bit odd that the 620 shells are not on mass sale, as they'd be very popular. I ordered a yellow and black one from eBay and very happy with both on top of my original cyan!

Re protective covers, I have seen an official clear cover that slips over the back shell and protects it completely - I bought mine from UK's phones4u. It's quite nice as it gives a glossy look to the yellow and cyan covers.

Paarthurnax

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Exaclty, I was revering to the Nokia protective shell. It's IP54-certified.

Haven't yet found an answer whether the yellow case is glossy or matte. I have a feeling the matte ones must have been review prototypes?

Paarthurnax

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Really? Pretty much all the used Lumia 620s I've seen on eBay were glossy yellow.

Or they were just really, really dirty. Sometimes you never know...

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow, phone is now down to $219 on expansys us... And I just got an 820. They are obviously trying to tempt me to the dark side of owning three phones!

zwuncki

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Here in germany we are pretty lucky having shells in black, white, yellow, green, orange, cyan and magenta available. But during the first release of the Lumia 620 with reviews all over the net I saw some promo pics of the lumia 620 showing many original nokia shells including violet, and I think red too!

I would love the violet one but haven't seen any since. Anyone know if they are planned for the L620?

Thx.

http://www.windowsphone.com/de-de/phones/nokia-lumia-620?model=rm-846

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria