extras & info update

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Next time you can take a screen shot before doing the update and then compare it after you update your phone. Just a tip and not being sarcastic buddy.

garbagedrew

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Lumia Icon a couple hours ago. So far there are no performance increases nor any noticeable improvements in any regard. The only thing different I've noticed is that I no longer have a "NEVER" option for the screen timeout setting. I did have this option and would often use it prior to today's update. So for me at least this update did nothing but remove functionality. I wish I hadn't updated now. I was eager because I mistakenly thought it would be the 8.1 update.

garbagedrew

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I noticed one more big difference after installing today's update. My voice command is TOTALLY screwed up. I tell it to open 'Moliplayer Pro' but instead 'Photos' starts. I say to open 'Ask Ziggy' but instead 'Shazam' starts. I say to open 'Authenticator' but instead 'Fandango' starts. My voice command worked perfectly prior to this update. Now it's worthless. And I know it's not me. If I simply say "Moliplayer Pro" instead of "Open Moliplayer Pro", it successfully hears me and searches the Internet for Moliplayer Pro. If I try to open it (or any app for that matter) a different one opens.
Adobe Reader = Reading Lens
Amazon Mobile = Office Lens
Dominoe's Pizza = Vine
Facebook = Disqus
Games = People
Here Drive+ = Piano Phone 7
Health Vault = Blink
I could go on and on. The point is that voice command is now broken for every single app. This is ridiculous. I don't know whether it was Microsoft or Nokia that dropped the ball on this but this is very disappointing. At this rate my HTC Arrive will be more useful than my "flagship" Nokia Lumia ICON.

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I noticed one more big difference after installing today's update. My voice command is TOTALLY screwed up. I tell it to open 'Moliplayer Pro' but instead 'Photos' starts. I say to open 'Ask Ziggy' but instead 'Shazam' starts. I say to open 'Authenticator' but instead 'Fandango' starts. My voice command worked perfectly prior to this update. Now it's worthless. And I know it's not me. If I simply say "Moliplayer Pro" instead of "Open Moliplayer Pro", it successfully hears me and searches the Internet for Moliplayer Pro. If I try to open it (or any app for that matter) a different one opens.
Adobe Reader = Reading Lens
Amazon Mobile = Office Lens
Dominoe's Pizza = Vine
Facebook = Disqus
Games = People
Here Drive+ = Piano Phone 7
Health Vault = Blink
I could go on and on. The point is that voice command is now broken for every single app. This is ridiculous. I don't know whether it was Microsoft or Nokia that dropped the ball on this but this is very disappointing. At this rate my HTC Arrive will be more useful than my "flagship" Nokia Lumia ICON.

Thanks for posting it, I have faced similar issues after the firmware update to 8.1
Prior to update it used to understand things very clearly.
You can also try to disable cortana and use the native voice assistance and dial a contact it will miss it most of the time.
Additional to this when I am on bluetooth and I get a message, phone fails to understand simple messages like Read It, Ignore, Reply in the first time.

Regards,
:devil:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss