Facebook Phone? Facepalm.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: FB Home will NOT support Android notifications...fail much? LOL

No that would be stupid. I'm talking about Windows Phone 8. And don't even get me started on the random battery drains on Windows Phone 8. Pretty much every thing we made fun of of Android is now in Windows Phone 8. Battery drain? Check. Random reboots? Check.
Which brings me back to my original point of sticking to our own OS and stop taking digs at others.

I've had no such issues on my 920.

Once again, people are taking a stab at Facebook's BS, not necessarily Android itself. So take your whiny attitude someplace that cares, not here.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Let's ask that from pre-Portico users and see if they share the same sentiments.

I'm a pre-portico user, I've had 3 Windows Phone devices since it launched in 2010. Never had battery drain issues. The OS has been extremely stable. Any issues I had were device specific from the manufacturer's errors.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I had issues with my Focus with random reboots. But I was never sure if it was the device or OS. There was one period before NoDo were my phone went BSC and kept rebooting (I mean hard reset reboot) daily.

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Eh... The idea does seem kind of "dumb", but that's just my personal opinion - I prefer to use stand-alone FB apps (not on my Lumia, though - I just use FB's mobile webpage on it since MS's app sucks) and would not like such extreme integration of it into the OS... Same goes for Twitter and other social apps. I'm sure someone might actually like this phone, but I don't see it ever becoming popular... FB's programmers should instead spend more time on bug-testing the existing FB apps, which often become "broken" in some way after new "improvements"...

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

I don't even know why you still post here. All you ever post are potshots at Windows Phone and its fans and some hyperbole based on (faux) personal experiences.

And now you get upset at people mocking this Facebook launcher without realizing that it's not just Windows Phone fans that think the entire idea is a load of rubbish.
No I'm just not a raging ****** that's all. I don't look at something Windows Phone related and go 'ooooo how awesome this is so cool' and see something Android related and go 'ooo this is so laggy it sucks they copied windows phone'.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

No I'm just not a raging ****** that's all. I don't look at something Windows Phone related and go 'ooooo how awesome this is so cool' and see something Android related and go 'ooo this is so laggy it sucks they copied windows phone'.

Okay, but the fact of the matter is you never post positive things about WP. That's their problem. I'm not saying always be pro WP and anti everything else (I'm not afraid to show/agree with weaknesses when I see them, same for strengths on other platforms), but if all you're ever going to do is post negativity, what is the point of being here? And I agree with them. If you never have anything positive to say about WP why be here? You're wasting your own time and our time. We don't want to hear nothing but negativity. Honestly, you'd be surprised at how well most of our group take valid criticisms as long as you don't come across as someone who is only here to bash. That's your problem, your constant negativity and bashing is what's rubbing people the wrong way, not the criticisms themselves.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Good. Now move along. Majority have had issues with battery and reboots.

Really? Majority? Do you have stats for that? Just because some people on this forum have had issues doesn't make it a majority. Its common knowledge that people who have problems voice them more than people who don't. That applies to any product.

You act as if WP has had major stability flaws that have plagued its entire existence. Which complete BS. Its had a few issues that have impacted a few of its users. Android and iOS have had just as many. Remember Apple Maps? Or Antenna gate? Or all the security gaps in Android?

My girlfriend has a Droid that is not only ugly as sin, confusing to use, but has been a complete POS. It lags horrendously when trying to navigate to the home screen,etc. Pictures on her phone have started to randomly disappear or get corrupted and lost for good. Games freeze up on her all the time. The thing is a POS.

But I also know that a buddy of mine who has the S3 has had few problems. Although the S3 does feel cheap as ****. But that's Samsung's fault. So do their Windows Phones.

Your blanket generalization is just as flawed and biased as any ******. So why don't you move a long.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
while I think its too little too late for fb and I generally detest android skins as they usually make the experience of a crappy os worse, it does look like its a decently well thought out skin. im not saying that im going to buy it or that it will sell well but I could see how a facebook junkie would love it though. I agree with most peoples points however, that wp is still vastly superior and its fb integration, when I actually use fb, works really well.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Used it for one full day. All I can say is its a wet dream for FB fanatics. And advertisers. Uninstalled it and now back to my home screen.

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander