Factory Reset HP Stream 8

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I've decided that I need to factory reset my HP Stream 8 due to unsolved driver issues and general Windows bugs. However, two problems stand in my way:
1) The recovery media on my HP Stream 8 is, well, nonexistent. It's simply not there. I'll need to use an external media in order to do so.
2) The biggest driver issue I'm facing is my Realtek network driver failing completely. My Stream 8 is completely unable to connect or even see Wi-Fi networks, leaving it utterly separated from the internet.

I know I could probably get an ISO from Microsoft and put it on an external media like one of my numerous flash drives but then I face another problem: how on earth do I connect it? The Stream 8, after all, only has microUSB.

I really need some help here. My Stream 8 is essentially worthless until I figure out a solution for my issues. I received zero aid for my initial problems so now I'm asking for help to start fresh and wipe the whole darn thing.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I guess you already tried the reset function but got an error. If not, you can find the instructions here: https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c04576841

Still, you might want to just reinstall those drivers instead.

Now, what prevents you from connecting a drive? Are you missing an adapter?

I'm not missing the adapter. I'm getting error code 37. I figure there was an issue when I last updated my tablet that I simply didn't notice because I stopped using my tablet for a couple weeks shortly after the last update. It's either an issue with the update process itself or the driver just isn't reading as compatible with the build (which is like 16137 or something, like three builds ago). I've tried reinstalling the driver but whatever the tablet has in its memory isn't doing the trick, and I'm not able to find any updated drivers as I can't get my tablet to connect to anything.

I figure that a full factory reset might do the trick but the problem is, I don't have a recovery drive on the tablet (it's only 32 GB so it never came with one) and it's only microUSB. I'm wondering if I can possibly use another computer as a pass through, or if I'll have to invest in a USB to microUSB adapter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa