Fanless Surface Pro

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone concerned about the fanless surface pro with an i5 processors that's being launched soon. My main concern is the amount of throttle that will happen and how bad will it end up being. Currently I can easily play games like Counter Strike that end up heating my laptop on an i5 without a graphics card. Will such a thing be possible on the new Surface Pro without a Fan. Apart from that I do a lot of work on MATLAB and sometimes it takes quite a while to compile my programs.
How badly will all of this be affected by a fanless design is my question?

Rainar Angelo

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Is anyone concerned about the fanless surface pro with an i5 processors that's being launched soon. My main concern is the amount of throttle that will happen and how bad will it end up being. Currently I can easily play games like Counter Strike that end up heating my laptop on an i5 without a graphics card. Will such a thing be possible on the new Surface Pro without a Fan. Apart from that I do a lot of work on MATLAB and sometimes it takes quite a while to compile my programs.
How badly will all of this be affected by a fanless design is my question?

Well, from the event, I heard that they have changed the basic flooring inside the Surface. So, the i5 MUST be capable of handling performance without a fan and yes it would be optimised in a manner to not face any problems. It costs that much for a reason after all.

LennH

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I really don't think they would release a fanless model without some new engineering feats to ensure there is little to no throttling. You know how the media love to bash the Surface line so that would be stabbing themselves in the foot if they didn't test it properly. Only time will truly tell though.

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I really don't think they would release a fanless model without some new engineering feats to ensure there is little to no throttling. You know how the media love to bash the Surface line so that would be stabbing themselves in the foot if they didn't test it properly. Only time will truly tell though.

I would agree with you but it still worries me that there will be major throttling if I try some medium gaming

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs