file explorer window keeps resizing to very small

gregh57

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
There is a bug in file explorer where the window resizes to very small as a default ever so often. This is not something I am deliberately doing - I never deliberately make the window that size. The window now opens tiny and resizes from full screen to tiny if I drag it between monitors.

Any workaround?

gregh57

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi, but I am not sure what you mean - what settings are there for the file explorer size?

I know it is meant to remember the last size and position, but that seems to get ignored and reset back to this tiny version from time to time

gregh57

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Try opening to your preferred window size. Then, using the menu, and not the top-right "X", exit the program. Reopen.
that's pretty much what I alluded to in the previous post - sadly it does not "stick" and every so often goes back to the tiny size. Oh well.

Kobor42

Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
that's pretty much what I alluded to in the previous post - sadly it does not "stick" and every so often goes back to the tiny size. Oh well.

Real solution: Set your preferred size, then go to View -> Settings -> "... something settings". You get to the old school setting panel from Windows 7 (XP?). On the middle tab there are two buttons. The first one says "Apply to subfolders" (???). Press that, choose accept, close settings, then close file manager. After reopen: Voila, it's resized!
I don't know the proper english names of the items, because my windows is localized.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon