Firmware update for HTC 8X available

jorgejlt

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Firmware update for HTC8X available

I am having problems installing gdr3 on my HTC 8X keep saying the update has downloaded but cant be opened,(8007000d)!
(The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened. (8007000d)

No problem with my HTC 8X unbranded. Developer preview installed and just 1 HTC Update. It's a firmware update

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Just installed the update on my o2 Germany branded 8X with Update 3 developer preview and noticed something:

Normally when turning off the phone while connected to the charger/computer, it would completely boot to the PIN input.

Since this last update there is only a charging symbol displayed and the phone is 'off'. After the screen goes dark, pressing the power button just the charging symbol is displayed and vanishes again after a few secs. If I want to completely start the phone while connected I have to long press the power button after the charging state.

COOL! Now we can have the phone charging without being it completely turned on!!!

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

What does this update do? Does the update matter in terms of new stuff? or it is a fix in some bugs?

I find the phone's overall responsiveness and processing speed improved again compared to the Update 3 developer preview.

Chief_Adu

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Just installed the update on my o2 Germany branded 8X with Update 3 developer preview and noticed something:

Normally when turning off the phone while connected to the charger/computer, it would completely boot to the PIN input.

Since this last update there is only a charging symbol displayed and the phone is 'off'. After the screen goes dark, pressing the power button just the charging symbol is displayed and vanishes again after a few secs. If I want to completely start the phone while connected I have to long press the power button after the charging state.

COOL! Now we can have the phone charging without being it completely turned on!!!

I noticed it as well! I will love this feature, haha.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

what carrier? also what was the firmware beforehand?

It's going around the world for unlocked or unbranded devices. I got the 'HTC Update for Windows Phone' last night on O2, UK. I already had the Preview Update 3 installed.

Previous Firmware 3030.0.34101.401
Previous Radio software 1.17b.32.19.14_15.62b.32.19
Previous Bootloader 0.0.3030.0(173542)

bauscaus

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

Italy, unbranded bought from Germany, got update but still I didn't installed it:

anyone tried the internet sharing, does it work?

Last edited:

sosuok

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Just got the update on AT&T. Still in the "Migrating your data" step but almost done looks like.

bauscaus

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

Italy, unbranded bought from Germany, got update but still I didn't installed it:

anyone tried the internet sharing, does it work?

Installed, animations are faster so it seems faster but perhaps less smooth. Internet sharing, I still don't know because Windows 8.1 instantly crash when I connect to it. I'll try with the Mac :D.
It seems stable.

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

OS version: 8.0.10512.142
Firmware: 3030.0.34201.605

on verizon, developer registration unlock

vlacocabios

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

I have an unlocked and unbranded ( I think) htc8x, bought in Greece last July. The seller at the store I bought it told me it came from the UK. Problem is, I never got any update, neither the gdr2 one, nor the gdr3, which supposedly is out for all unlocked htc8x's- when I check manually, I get a message saying that I have the last update. Is there any chance that my phone is not authentic and that's why it wont download these updates, and how could I check that??? Other than that, the phone is working perfectly.

thanks

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

After the HTC update the animations do seem to be faster, other than that I've not seen any differences. Haven't received the new GDR3, but I think that's because the developer preview version I have is newer than the official just released one.

about htc8x.jpg

Forgot to say, I'm on Three UK and the HTC update came through this evening.

jorgejlt

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

After a hard reset I've got Data Sense on my HTC 8x unbranded

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

pfg

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

I am having problems installing gdr3 on my HTC 8X keep saying the update has downloaded but cant be opened,(8007000d)!
(The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened. (8007000d)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster