First time using a Windows phone

rocker1m1

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Are those elements on webpages or anywhere on the phone?

The phone. The small UI around the edges of the phone like the 'All settings' under the notification, the search icon in the apps drawer page. It happens when you quickly move around the screen and tap on such icons. Most of the time it registers, other times I have to make a second tap.

I thought my phone might be faulty. I went to the Microsoft store here and tried one of their display unit and it exhibited the same issue.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
The phone. The small UI around the edges of the phone like the 'All settings' under the notification, the search icon in the apps drawer page. It happens when you quickly move around the screen and tap on such icons. Most of the time it registers, other times I have to make a second tap.

I thought my phone might be faulty. I went to the Microsoft store here and tried one of their display unit and it exhibited the same issue.

Weird.. I had no problems on 3 Windows devices.. When It wouldn't register finger taps is because I miss a button or text by a millimeter or when holding a finger for 1~ seconds too long, or when swiping across the screen from one element to another instead of just tapping ;)

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the real revolution in mobile devices. We have used everything, crapple, android, blackberry, and now Windows Phone.
The windows ecosystem is SOOOOO much better than the others. We just got our two surface 3s today, and we are loving them so far. Welcome. The 640 xl is a hell of a phone for the price!

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Does the 640 have Touch settings, such as the Extra Sensitive Touch option? I sometimes have problems with my 920 but not with EST turned on, except for certain web pages but I blame those pages.

Sometimes I wonder if I don't drink enough water to be conductive enough. The EST works wearing gloves, and those metal fiber tipped gloves aren't needed.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

I've noticed that if my fingers are wet, or not dry enough after washing my hands, I can have some difficulty, but other than that mine works great for my 640.

The warning I gave you earlier about battery life on Windows 10 Mobile no longer stands. They seem to have all that sorted out if you decide you want to take the plunge and try the Insider program for Windows 10 Mobile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BulkExtreme