Fixed: Lumia 930 Screen Lift / Proximity Sensor Failure

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Fix your screen lift issue in 5 minutes. This worked for me.
My screen kept going blank during calls. No more.
I was trying to send it to Microkia for repair in warranty, but they sent me an email back saying in so many words "thanks for requesting to send us your phone for repair. Our system is not able to handle your request just this minute, but we'll let you know just as soon as when we can help." Screw that!

Materials needed:
1) Tiny screw driver or push pin
2) LocTite Super Glue: UltraGel Control ($4.79)

Step 1: Find the spot where the screen is coming up

Step 2: Pry the screen fully off. It is only held on by some black sticky stuff. Very easy to remove (and to see why it failed). There is a single ribbon cable attaching the screen to the body. Plenty of room to work.

Step 3: Apply a thin bead of super glue around the edges of the body, and a bit more on the flat spots on the top and bottom. Stay away from the important parts so when you push it down nothing gets in there.

Step 4: Push the screen down and wipe away excess glue immediately (if you're good, there won't be any)

It's really not as scary as it sounds. But obviously if you mess it up you're SOL. Good luck.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Fix your screen lift issue in 5 minutes. This worked for me.
My screen kept going blank during calls. No more.
I was trying to send it to Microkia for repair in warranty, but they sent me an email back saying in so many words "thanks for requesting to send us your phone for repair. Our system is not able to handle your request just this minute, but we'll let you know just as soon as when we can help." Screw that!

Materials needed:
1) Tiny screw driver or push pin
2) LocTite Super Glue: UltraGel Control ($4.79)

Step 1: Find the spot where the screen is coming up

Step 2: Pry the screen fully off. It is only held on by some black sticky stuff. Very easy to remove (and to see why it failed). There is a single ribbon cable attaching the screen to the body. Plenty of room to work.

Step 3: Apply a thin bead of super glue around the edges of the body, and a bit more on the flat spots on the top and bottom. Stay away from the important parts so when you push it down nothing gets in there.

Step 4: Push the screen down and wipe away excess glue immediately (if you're good, there won't be any)

It's really not as scary as it sounds. But obviously if you mess it up you're SOL. Good luck.

Thanks for the tip! But I won't suggest opening up one's phone especially within the warranty period. The time might come that one may need to have one's phone seriously repaired (such as a boot error) under warranty and the super glue will obviously convince the technicians to void it.

theo2881

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! But I won't suggest opening up one's phone especially within the warranty period. The time might come that one may need to have one's phone seriously repaired (such as a boot error) under warranty and the super glue will obviously convince the technicians to void it.

You could also just heat the top of the screen up and then put something with some weight on the screen and let it sit for a little bit, this should re-secure the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria