Flashing 822

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I am considering flashing my 822 with an international never activated IMEI over to Page Plus. Most of the flashing services I have contacted have no experience with Windows Phone 8 units. Has anyone had any success with flashing a WP8 ?

fotomike

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Glad to read your post, i too have a Lumia 822 (windows phone 8) that i want to flash to page plus. You are the only post on the web i have found about someone wanting to flash there 822 to Page Plus cellular. I'll be going this weekend to a person who says that it's possible, i am keeping my fingers crossed. Sorry dont have answer for you, just happy to finally see somebody with same idea as me. I'll save this post and get back to you after the weekend.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
No....all VZ MVNO's can only use 3G phones ruling out all the newer 4G phones. You need to flash to even setup the phone.... and to even get 3G data let alone 4G.
Some android and apple phones can be easily flashed, but so far do not know anyone for flashing a windows phone 8 unit

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Will try to help.....

1. MVNO's which use CDMA formats like Page Plus use the VZ network so therefore they must be compatible with whatever restrictions VZ puts on them. As I said above.....currently the only way around this is to have the phone flashed.

2. The sim card on VZ CDMA phones currently are only used for LTE service. The actual activation is done without using the sim card UNLESS you are using LTE service
and as outlined above, currently no MVNO's are allowed to use the LTE network. There are rumors this may happen sometime in the future, and at that time, MVNO's will have their own sim cards. Until that time, any flashing will be for voice,text etc and data will be 3 G only.

3. International use of the 822 can be used because it is unlocked.....but this is for GSM and not CDMA (The 822 can also be used in the US with any GSM carrier or MVNO)

Hope this helps !

Theri0n

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The only thing to know is just service code to get the phone appear with QPST, Qualcomm's programming software. The rest should be just the same with Android phones.

Jack White

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
3. International use of the 822 can be used because it is unlocked.....but this is for GSM and not CDMA (The 822 can also be used in the US with any GSM carrier or MVNO)
So what would keep the 822 from being used with any US carrier without being flashed? Or at least any carrier that doesn't restrict access to only certain phone models.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
So what would keep the 822 from being used with any US carrier without being flashed? Or at least any carrier that doesn't restrict access to only certain phone models.

As I indicated before, and maybe not clear......you can use the phone in GSM mode with a GSM sim ......but you currently cannot use the phone on Verizon or any Verizon MVNO like Page Plus, because Verizon will not allow LTE phones to be activated on their prepaid network. To use the 822 in CDMA mode, it must be flashed.

Anselm7

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I am going to try flashing my 822 to Page Plus, probly through Beigephone. I have done this before with a different Sprint phone and it worked great, so although it's an unpleasant surprise to find out it's necessary, I am thinking it will work.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I am going to try flashing my 822 to Page Plus, probly through Beigephone. I have done this before with a different Sprint phone and it worked great, so although it's an unpleasant surprise to find out it's necessary, I am thinking it will work.

Thanks for the update, appreciate your input. Please keep us posted

byannoif

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
hi I have 822 on dialer phone I press ##778# and it shows epst mode with two option view and edit, but for edit will asking for password (i fill it with "000000") but I can't still editing or modifying hope it can help.
wp_ss_20131101_0001.pngwp_ss_20131101_0001.png

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I read some of the responses, not all, but since you brought up IMEI changing, just thought I'd let you know that this is illegal in many countries, including the US. I don't know if there's another way to get a phone onto PagePlus, but I wish you luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss