Flight Status Landed Issue

aliwal shoal

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi

So, beside that fact that Cortana deletes all my flight information from time to time, and I have to redo it all manually (because, unlike the advertised functionality, Cortana does NOT pull in any data whatsoever from my emails, and yes, I have that enabled in the settings)...

I have been trying to add a flight manually, but when I ask Cortana for the status, so I can click the 'track this flight' link, all I'm getting is the status for the flight which landed yesterday!!! There is no 'track' link, obviously, because the flight has already landed. If I go to the flightstats page, it correctly displays the flight that is leaving in 5 hours time.

Cortana is obviously not being synced often enough with flightstats - is there a way to force this? I mean, surely a flight that landed 15 hours ago is no longer of interest to anyone? It's really annoying that the landed status is preventing me from adding this flight manually, never mind the fact that Cortana ignores the email flight info.

Edit - there is now only 1 hour until my flight departs, and I still cannot track it due to Cortana showing that the flight landed yesterday. Pffffftt!!

Last edited:

aliwal shoal

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Another bug - when you ask Cortana the status of your flight, she says "your flight xxxx is scheduled to leave xxxx on Sunday the year 21 at 11:40" - so she is referring to the day as the year, which is bizarre.

Oh my word, this application is SO buggy!!!! I'm a software developer, and I'm pretty sure I'd get fired if I ever released something this buggy to the public.

Stephen Townsley

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Yep. I can confirm this.

Cortana has no idea of my travel plans. If I forward the same message to Gmail on an Android device then Google Now works it out.

Fail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750