FOR 925, the Cyan update is just a pure wp8.1 upgrade, There are NO specific new features from Cyan!

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
FOR 925, the Cyan update is just a pure wp8.1 upgrade, what specific new features are there?

Hi guys, I just got my update from German Vodafone 32GB special edition. But after reading WPCentral post, I realized all the specific feature from the Cyan is fro newer device like 930 or 1520, there are none that is specific to us?

Am I right?

Last edited:

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
FOR 925, the Cyan update is just a pure wp8.1 upgrade, what specific new features are there?

Hi guys, I just got my update from German Vodafone 32GB special edition. But after reading WPCentral post, I realized all the specific feature from the Cyan is fro newer device like 930 or 1520, there are none that is specific to us?

Am I right?

Sadly it seems that this is true. I went through the settings and didn't find anything different. Also no living images either, so far the only thing is the little arrow on the Wi-Fi 📶 / data, but overall the experience seems smoother.

ravi kumar401

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi I m from India, just updated to my Lumia 925 to win8.1 , I didn't see any new features apart from preview program bit disappointed . Even no lock screen theme us include

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
You guys are funny..... In the first place, did Nokia claim that Cyan update will bring tons of differences to WP8.1 DP? No! The cyan update is meant for consumers and to get them to be thrilled with all the new features from the biggest Windows Phone update ever! It is a firmware to make your Lumia to be more stable than the WP8.1 DP, just like with the correct device drivers installed. Why are you guys feeling so down?

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
personally, I don't need anything extra beside fixing all those bugs and issues reported in wp8.1 dev. I would love to see battery life improvement and overheting issue solved.

vassilis1924

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
You guys are funny..... In the first place, did Nokia claim that Cyan update will bring tons of differences to WP8.1 DP? No! The cyan update is meant for consumers and to get them to be thrilled with all the new features from the biggest Windows Phone update ever! It is a firmware to make your Lumia to be more stable than the WP8.1 DP, just like with the correct device drivers installed. Why are you guys feeling so down?

Because Lumia Cyan offers some new features by itself. But they are NOT available to us with a 925.
Features like:
Camera improvements (fix the yellow tint), Custom Brightness, Living Images, Continuous Autofocus, EQ on Speaker and more..
We didn't get any feature.. Just drivers (if there is anything updated)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Sadly it seems that this is true. I went through the settings and didn't find anything different. Also no living images either, so far the only thing is the little arrow on the Wi-Fi  / data, but overall the experience seems smoother.

I've had that arrow on WiFi and Mobile data since third update on DP8.1. I still don't have Cyan on my phone so I doubt it came with Cyan. It probably came with last WP8.1 update.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Remember that Cyan is a firmware update, there are likely changes for the 925 too, but they are under the hood. Just cos it doesn't bring any actually new features for the phone it doesn't mean it did nothing.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Cyan isn't about FEATURES. It's about optimized hardware drivers, and tweaks/enhancements. You may notice that some things that didn't work quite right under DP work better now (even though WP8.1 version is exactly the same).

Think of the DP as being your Windows disc. It installs with everything you need to run. But to get your enhanced video drivers, sound drivers, etc... THAT is what Cyan is.

The "new features" Cyan brings, are merely the drivers to unlock those functionality in newer hardware that supports it, which phones like the 925 don't have.

nizam ak

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
tru...

but I do miss the work around for the Google search frm the capacitive key
overall less glitchy.toggle switch for cellular data should hav been there on AC, most of my app auto downloaded except for Nokia camera was wondering y?

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Cyan isn't about FEATURES. It's about optimized hardware drivers, and tweaks/enhancements. You may notice that some things that didn't work quite right under DP work better now (even though WP8.1 version is exactly the same).

Think of the DP as being your Windows disc. It installs with everything you need to run. But to get your enhanced video drivers, sound drivers, etc... THAT is what Cyan is.

The "new features" Cyan brings, are merely the drivers to unlock those functionality in newer hardware that supports it, which phones like the 925 don't have.
OK but why it lacks features like brightness slider, living images (which worked fine till last NC beta update), USB under settings, EQ without headset pluged in?
is this also hardware related? i dont think so... something is fishy about this and i hope that MS didnt f***ed this over because i see a lots of dissapointed people on forums, and they should be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb