For all Pakistani WP users

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
About Windows phone 8.1
But I've been using the windows 10 Mobile for less then a week now and I think that it's quite stable. And good enough to be used as a daily driver.

Ahan. I got the Lumia 640 today. Upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile too. So far so good!

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Nice.
By the way, how were you able to get the 640 instead of the 640XL? Last time I knew The 640 wasn't available in Pakistan.

Sorry, I thought I had replied but I guess the forums support in the WC UWP app needs improvements. And yes, you're right, it was never launched in Pakistan. My dad got it for me from Vienna.

Last edited:

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
That's good.
I also wanted the 640 because of it's smaller size. The 640XL feels bulkier but I've gotten used to it.
How's been your experience so far on windows 10 Mobile?

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
That's good.
I also wanted the 640 because of it's smaller size. The 640XL feels bulkier but I've gotten used to it.
How's been your experience so far on windows 10 Mobile?

So far so good! I love the UWP apps - massive improvement over the old WP8.1 apps in terms of UI and functionality. And the overall OS experience has been pretty good, no random reboots or freezes or anything of that sort. Some third party apps do need some improvements, like better memory management, but otherwise, I have no major complaints.

Oh and the battery life could be better I suppose. Hopefully this will be fixed by the Anniversary Update, if not before then.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
So far so good! I love the UWP apps - massive improvement over the old WP8.1 apps in terms of UI and functionality. And the overall OS experience has been pretty good, no random reboots or freezes or anything of that sort. Some third party apps do need some improvements, like better memory management, but otherwise, I have no major complaints.

Oh and the battery life could be better I suppose. Hopefully this will be fixed by the Anniversary Update, if not before then.

Two things i noticed about about Windows 10 Mobile.
1. The default font size is too small. That can be fixed.
2. The swipe keyboard is too inaccurate in guessing words.
That can also be fixed.
If you need to know the fixes, just ask.

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Two things i noticed about about Windows 10 Mobile.
1. The default font size is too small. That can be fixed.
2. The swipe keyboard is too inaccurate in guessing words.
That can also be fixed.
If you need to know the fixes, just ask.

I'm okay with the font size, but I did notice the inaccuracy of the swipe keyboard. I thought it was me, since I haven't used it for quite a while. What's the fix?

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm okay with the font size, but I did notice the inaccuracy of the swipe keyboard. I thought it was me, since I haven't used it for quite a while. What's the fix?

Go into the settings of your keyboard and deselect the option "correct misspelled words".
That's the option that causes the keyboard to become oversmart. 😅

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Go into the settings of your keyboard and deselect the option "correct misspelled words".
That's the option that causes the keyboard to become oversmart. ��

Its better now, thanks man! BTW, is it just me or is the keyboard of W10M somewhat slower than WP8.1's?

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Its better now, thanks man! BTW, is it just me or is the keyboard of W10M somewhat slower than WP8.1's?

It is just a little bit slower but not enough to cause any sort of hindrance,i think.

It's because in windows 10 Mobile the swipe keyboard predicts words while you swipe rather than when you stop swiping the words. It puts more burden on the keyboard.
One more thing, for some apps there are seperate ones for windows 10 Mobile so you're going to have to search manually for them. For example, windows central and instagram.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)