For those of you not getting app updates, try this

zombiegrrl86

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Go into settings, then find my phone and tick "send apps to my phone using push notifications"

I finally got an app update for audio after a few weeks of having to manually update everything.

Try it, maybe it will work for you too.

win_splash

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Go into settings, then find my phone and tick "send apps to my phone using push notifications"

I finally got an app update for audio after a few weeks of having to manually update everything.

I didn't even know these options where there. I'll try checking the boxes and see if it helps.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That's for pushing apps to your phone through windowsphone.com's purchase history, I do it all the time. But if it helps, why not? Does no harm.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Don't help....
As this was the first thing MS suggested when I initially contacted them regarding the issue.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
It's sorta sad that such a workaround is required, simply because the App Store notifications are broken.

And "wait for a Windows Phone update to fix it" isn't a good answer either, since Microsoft's knuckling under to the carriers means that such an update could take weeks or months to be "certified," while you sit there with a broken phone. Sighhhhh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05