For those unsure about buying windows RT vs Windows 8 tablets

ieuser

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally at the moment I don't really see much of a point in windows Rt when you can buy an atom for around the same price...

I agree. As long as the Atoms are only a few bucks more, I think it's better to spring for Windows 8 compatibility. If AMD based Windows 8 tablets perform well and the price is right, I think that will be the nail in the coffin for RT devices. I plan to ebay/craiglist my Surface RT ASAP.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I want one... not sure which. I may be going with the Pro because I'd be able to do more things with it that I may eventually do. I'm not a media person and never even load music on my devices, except the ones I purchase from Zune (now called Xbox Music).

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
In my humble opinion the Acer W510 is the best of the best hybrid notebook tablet in its price segment. Ok it is only an Intel Atom, but you get very long battery life, a package you can use as tablet or notebook with 32 or 64Gb plus 64Gb over microSD. This is Windows 8, so you can use a lot of desktop software package, DosBox etc. This with up to 7 to 11 hours of battery life!

Then if you want to go Windows 8 Pro and have the money, the Samsung Ativ S Smart PC T700 with an i5, 4Gb and from 64 to 256Gb SSD is fantastic.... but you also pay for this and get only 4-7 hours of battery life.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
In my humble opinion the Acer W510 is the best of the best hybrid notebook tablet in its price segment. Ok it is only an Intel Atom, but you get very long battery life, a package you can use as tablet or notebook with 32 or 64Gb plus 64Gb over microSD. This is Windows 8, so you can use a lot of desktop software package, DosBox etc. This with up to 7 to 11 hours of battery life!

Then if you want to go Windows 8 Pro and have the money, the Samsung Ativ S Smart PC T700 with an i5, 4Gb and from 64 to 256Gb SSD is fantastic.... but you also pay for this and get only 4-7 hours of battery life.

There's nothing to stop you upgrading your version of Windows 8 to Pro though right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
yeah, all you need is the upgrade keycard which I think is around 80$, windows 8 and windows 8 pro run on the same hardware. I am not asking this to be rude or make an assumption that you aren't knowledgeable, but are you sure you need windows 8 pro? I mean the main thing it gives you is more remote access capabilities. I ask people this all the time when they say that they need windows 8 pro and most of the time they don't. Why waste money on features you will probably never use. The point I'm trying to make is buy it fi you need the advanced networking feature, bitlocker security encryption which works with TPM security modules for secure data encryption, or remote access. If you don't need those features then you don't need pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1