Found this about WP8.1 release date (April 23rd)

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
....Read the date of the article...

Yeah I know, only 2 weeks ago... So I guess its a yes then. Hmm Nice :). Only 10 days to go till (hopefully) better battery and independent volumer sliders and ... Ohh. :)

I do know Cortana isnt being released till Summer/Fall 2014, but i dont use voice so im not that bothered

vindicarblack

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I know, only 2 weeks ago... So I guess its a yes then. Hmm Nice :). Only 10 days to go till (hopefully) better battery and independent volumer sliders and ... Ohh. :)

I do know Cortana isnt being released till Summer/Fall 2014, but i dont use voice so im not that bothered

its out now with a simple install of the developer preview app - full release version - with Cortana (US) and yes separate volume controls - you can get Cortana in the UK by changing your location and language

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
its out now with a simple install of the developer preview app - full release version - with Cortana (US) and yes separate volume controls - you can get Cortana in the UK by changing your location and language

Yeah, im actually registered as a developer, but Im still toying with upgrading my beloved 1020 as its my daily driver.. I might just wait for the full version.. (he says with sweaty palms).. lets see how long that lasts.. hehe :)

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Iam using 8.1 preview on my lumia 1020...working gr8...iam in india and using cortana....changed region and language to USA english. Loving cortana she is awesome...thou she will improve with time

sent from Lumia 1020 or Note 3 dual sim

Ma1dere

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. It's up to Nokia and carriers to make it availible. They will only release it when their firmware will be ready, the release date I keep hearing about is late june.
1520 owners might get it slightly earlier (not sure about the Icon since it's availible on Verizion exclusively).
I don't mind tbh. Seems like current dev preview has plenty of bugs in it, and developers might want to take some time to take all advantages of the new platform.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Well we will get lot of bugs improvement....as its only from Microsoft. ..Nokia will release its own update for 8.1....final version shld release for public by may end or early june....wen black preview came out it took nearly 2 months for public release....

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
With all the bugs do you recommend staying on 8 for now?
Yes, I kinda regret updating, the battery drain problem is really annoying... Sometimes when you close an app or get back to the start screen the transition animation stutters (just like Android) I'm actually thinking of reverting to 8 until those bugs are fixed...

clechner77

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
"All" the bugs? This is actually a very solid build. Don't let the few things you have read stop you from updating. We are talking a major release on a ton different hardware. Most people experience don't experience game changing issues and half of them are apps that Microsoft will be updating shortly or things that are moved that people can't find. The battery draining faster is likely goin to be improved on a per vendor basis. I have a 1520 that drains somewhat fast and an 822 that never moves.

RoxyMunky

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeap... We really have to understand that this is a developer preview and bugs are definitely there.

I really loved all the new improvements but the battery drain is really pushing me away.

If Nokia is shipping the new Lumias with WP8.1, hopefully its fully stable and available for us as well.

Finger crossed.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes the best solution for battery drain is hard reset....thou iam lazy to do it....my battery life from 2 days with moderate use is gone dwn to 16 to 17 hrs with moderate use...but iam sure soon....nokia and microsoft will release update for apps and software....guess we can only wait....

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Battery life improved after a few days on the WP8.1 update. On both my 1020 and 1520. With Cortana turned on. I'm in Singapore.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_sea_206 using Tapatalk

RoxyMunky

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Agreed with iliramove. The battery life is improving after few days.

I still got 64% battery since this 5am full charge. Now its 730pm here in Malaysia.

Location is turned on but with Cortana off.

I'm glad its back to life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di