Fraud:Nokia Care ,Chennai have given me fake copy of Nokia Lumia 820 after I faced some issues. What do I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Fraud:Nokia Care ,Chennai have given me fake copy of Nokia Lumia 820 after I faced some issues.

Hi,I bought this Nokia Lumia 820 in Jan,2013 from Chennai,India.After 6 months I faced some issues like low battery life and also a line at the center of the screen.So I went to Nokia Care, Taramani, Chennai-India,they told me that they will send it to their head office and may take a week time.I agreed and went back on the desired date .Then they told that Company has decided to give me a new Lumia 820 instead of my old Lumia 820 as they were not able to get the accurate solution.But the warranty will be carry forward.I agreed and came back home.From then onwards, I didn't faced any issues.Now after 2 years,I broke my LCD of same Lumia 820 accidentally in San Francisco,CA-USA.I went to one of the repair center here and the first question he asked me was "Did anybody tried to open it?".I replied no after in Chennai,India and that too was new.To my shock he said "It's a fake copy ...the screws were stripped."They cheated and gave me used phone instead of my new phone.

Is this the way they are cheating customers.
I need an answer for this from Nokia India.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear... This is a fan based News and Discussion site. It is in no way run by Nokia, Microsoft or Lumia.

You are speaking here with other users, no one official from the company.

I don't think striped screws equals a counterfeit phone, just a bad tech somewhere who was sloppy. Submit your IMEI into a phone check site and see what it comes back as.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria