Freeing up memory occupied by 'email + messaging' under 'Storage Sense' in lumia 730?

ajay08

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Its been a day since I have purchased lumia 730.
Though the internal memory space available for use is a bit low on this lumia phone. but the SD card can compensate that up to some extent, however there are still some features which by default utilize the internal memory only and can't be configured or transferred on SD card. (I hope i'm right here).

Now moving to the concerned part. I created a completely new outlook a/c which i used in this phone at the time of configuring the phone. (first boot).
There are only 2 emails in that outlook a/c. I have not even inserted any sim in the phone so far. I am using without sim (haven't received the micro sim yet).

Now if i look at the 'Email + messaging' under 'Storage Sense' in the 'Phone', it shows '62.95 MB'.
Somebody please help me understand where the hell this '62.95 MB' space is being used? only 2 emails in the mail box and no sim used so far!!!
Is there any way I can delete the items which are eating this 62.95 MB space and free some memory.
At this stage , its not a big concern, but i doubt it is going to be very soon.

Hoping to get some resolutions here.

Thanks a ton!!!!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you check under apps + games if you can find a e-mail app and a text app. If so you will know they are not there.
So in e-mail+messages you not only see the actual size of the emails and text messages but also the size of the email and text app.

ajay08

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
thanks for your reply!!!
In the apps + games, as far as i understand, there is no email app, regarding text apps, whatsApp is there, however I have not started using WhatsApp in this phone yet, have only downloaded and installed it, but not configured my cell no. yet.
Anyways, is there any way I can control on the memory occupied by 'email + messaging'. i mean, can i 'manually' delete something which is eating memory shown in 'email + messaging'?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Now there is nothing what eats memory. In your email app (or under MS account in settings) you can choose how long back you want to download your emails. Older email will be deleted from your phone but you still can see them if you login your PC). Furthermore you can delete emails with "large" attachments. And in the mail app press the 3 dots ... Go to settings and disable "always download full message and internet image"

Abrar ahamed

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Same here ?9?6 . And above all the storage sense app seems useless for me because we cannot delete the app data which takes up a lot of memory and deleting it from the app just takes too long ( eg. Take uc browser and try to clear all app data and check the storage sense app. It still shows some app data ) . Is there a feature in wp10 tp that can do that ? If not. Insiders please request this feature....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos